Menu
LiamMagwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BRISTOL BS7 - Slow speeds during peak hours.

Almost everyday during peak hours, my internet is going down massively and its getting ridiculous, i understand the speeds will decrease during peak hours but the speed i am getting is beyond that. Is there any known issues or planned fixes for this?speedtest.png

0 Kudos
bagpussruth
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: BRISTOL BS7 - Slow speeds during peak hours.

Yet again we have this same problem, it's working okay, and then all of a sudden it just stops, frustrating when you are trying to stream. Why the lack of reply Virgin? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi LiamMagwood, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004791525, for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date for this is 16/11/2016. 

I have popped the details across to the team that deals with this type of issue and they will be in touch with you as soon as they can. 

I am sorry that I don't have more news on this currently. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi bagpussruth, 

Thanks you for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have also been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are also affected by fault ref F004791525, for slow speeds at peak times. This is currently with the planning team so I don't have a lot of news on this yet. We will know more after 16/11/2016. 

I have popped the details across to the team that deals with this type of fault and they will contact you as soon as they can. They will also keep you updated on the progress of the fault. 

Sorry that I do not have more information at this time. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bagpussruth
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still a problem, this happens every year Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello bagpussruth,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Very Happy

I do apologise for any inconvenience the fault in your area is causing, I know this has happened before and is really frustrating.

If you keep in touch with us we can provide progress updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Pogs
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to review date hell. This will never be fixed for BS7 and now its occurring again and worse than ever. So my advice is save your breath guys and move. It will and I repeat it will NEVER be fixed. VM don't give a flying ****. Do not get suckered into waiting for another review date. Move and be done with it.

Its a good job I do mainly other things in the evenings and not online much, but if you want a decent evening bb service in during term time BS7, VM are NOT the company you want.

0 Kudos
chaosengine74
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Here I am again. With slow speeds AGAIN! Just like clockwork, we have the exact same speed problem, again. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there chaosengine74,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are still having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the network and there is a high peak time traffic fault reported in your area. The reference number is F004791525 and has a review date of 5th April.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos
chaosengine74
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Another fault. Another review date. Same old story. 

0 Kudos