Menu
Phunky
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BD18 multiple outages and poor speed performance for last few weeks.

Seems the latest speed updates have brought back the awful performance in my area, had been great for the last 6-10months after years (6+) of poor over performance.

Service went out last night around 10pm and has only come back in the last hour or so and power on downstream connection seems shockingly low again.

Wonder if we've been split at the cab again?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: BD18 multiple outages and poor speed performance for last few weeks.

Hi Phunky,

Apologies for the recent faults. Looking at your connection there have been a few over the last week or so. The most recent of these closed on Wednesday about 15:00. Have you had poor speeds or disconnections since?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Phunky
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we've had a few drop outs for a couple of hours all week.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/0439988cc51fd1efdf91baffccc07b45-20-10-2015.html

Was out for 2hrs last night, but since coming back overall latency seems to have reduced quite a bit compare to what we've had since the outages.

While this started I notice power levels we're very low on the downstream (under 1 on some channels) so removed one of the splitters before the modem (one for second tv box) and that saw a decent increase in power but didn't stop any of the timeouts.

The area has been oversubscribed for years and quality of service has not been great, I struggled for years to get things looked at and with price i'm paying having more or less doubled in the last few years it maybe time to move away.

0 Kudos
Phunky
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Phunky
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So about 3hrs outage this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phunky,

Apologies for the continued fault. I've checked your connection again and everything looks fine now but there was a SNR fault in the area which closed yesterday around midday. SNR stands for signal to noise ratio and if this gets too low it means poor speeds and drop outs. Even though the fault is closed we will continue to monitor and address and further faults ASAP.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Phunky
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Last 72hrs or so has seen another huge spike in latency and loss resulting in speeds of up to 1mb/s on my 200mb connection Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phunky, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with packet loss and latency, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, when are you noticing these issues all times of day or just specific ones?

Also, when these issues occur is there any change to your Hubs light sequence?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos