Menu
christie46
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BD12 (area 14) speed issues still not fixed.

Hi I live in area 14 and have recently upgraded my internet from 20 to 100Mbps  because we were averaging at less than 1Mbps. However there was very little point because we are now averaging at less than 3Mbps. I appreciate that Virgin are working on improving the internet in this area but in the mean time we are receiving a fraction of the service that we are actually paying for, and this has been a problem for months.  

0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BD12 (area 14) speed issues still not fixed.

Check these 2 topics

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/AREA-14-Congestion-fixed/m-p/3295749#M142350
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Very-very-slow-broadband-speed-area-14/m-p/3298007#M142724

Plus if you just browse the forum there is no rush from VM to fix any of these issue all you get is review date after review date.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey christie46,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'd like to apologies for the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this is less than ideal.

I can see fault: F003496565 is on-going and will be reviewed in April, but while we're still working on this fault, the peak time speeds maybe affected.

Please keep in touch with us so we can provide progress updates. Thanks for your patience.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't read too much into the review dates, in the same area and getting way less than 10mb on a 200mb connection (most nights way less than 2mb). Its been like this since last spring and don't hold out hope it will be resolved in April 2017. 

0 Kudos