Menu
Sunshine_720
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BBC iplayer buffering

Hi

When I play BBC iplayer through my So y Bravia internet enabled TV it keeps buffering every 10 seconds and says there isn't sufficient memory to download. Is this down to the speed of my connection from you pls? Please help me resolve as I pay a lot for your service which currently isn't satisfactory.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iplayer buffering

Hello Sunshine_720

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry we took a while getting here and for the buffering. We do have a problem with high peak time traffic on your segment I am afraid. We are already aware of it ref F003980990 and would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 1st March 2017. Please accept our apologies and if you would be so kind to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Something else to consider by the way is to make sure the TV is connected to the hub wired as if it is wireless then it may also cause buffering and we do not want a double whammy.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sunshine_720
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iplayer buffering

Thank you for your response - it's shame I have to wait until March 1st though as I'm still paying you for a sub standard service in the meantime.

If I connect the TV to the hub directly does that stop me using wifi for other items at the same time, such as my phone for example?

Thanks
0 Kudos