Menu
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Awful speeds in Area 31. Not fit for purpose

Can any one tell me why my speed has suddenly dropped over the last week ..been on 75mbs for months with no problems at all but over the last week i'm down most nights and days to just over 5 and there is no way i can use this or i'm going to pay for it ..

look i know its VM's end been with VM for years and always payed the bill on time...

if its put right ill be going to my bank and put a stop on the direct debit ..i'm not paying £32 a month for this rubbish.

some one best tell me whats going on or ill switch to BT like most of my mates have.

regards . Drew

bandicam 2017-01-30 21-43-05-049.jpg

0 Kudos
tonyakapat
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful speeds in Area 31. Not fit for purpose

My son  says  My internet rubber bands from 2.5 MBS download / 3 upload / 300 latency , on an average good day we have 24.5 megabits speed at peak hours out of peak we have 80mb download speed , and normally like 50 - 70 latency. Our average latency is 170 that's unplayable i can hardly watch YouTube it keeps buffering so much

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i always get 77mbs me night or day as it should ..its only started this in the last say 4 days or so ..put computer on this morning and i was back to 77mbs but say after like half hr it was back to just over the 5 and its unusable like this....

**bleep** is this ? ...i have no problem getting my email its because VM are cutting my speed down there end .. i'm about to phone them up..

bandicam 2017-01-31 13-00-19-512.jpg

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Phoned VM today lol and the guy on the phone siad as always your settings are messed up but i have fixed it now ..turn off router for 10 minutes and unplug  it ..did this and it was ok for like 2 hrs lol ...

just put the computer on again and i'm back to this rubbish so the guy is full of $hit...back on the phone some time today to tell them i'm putting a stop on the 

direct debit.

from 77mbs to this =

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just been on the phone to VM for like over a hour to be told there is nothing wrong that they can see there side with my speed lol...

more crap still only getting 8..should be 70...

if it ant right by a week ill put a stop on the direct debit and look into going with some one else...

what a way to run a business a .

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Don't stop the Direct Debit go the correct way about it as it will only go on your credit score in the end.

Wait on here for the forum team to find the issue ( Sounds like Utilization ) once you have the fault number you can either get a credit or leave without penalty.

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

look at this then ...

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like i'm being throttled for no reason at all ....

been told rubbish on the phone by VM so im not going to phone again...

by the end of the week if it's not sorted VM end ill put a stop the direct debit on the grounds that it's NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE 

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Bestie ...by the way i'm not on any 12 month contract as i have just internet and my 12 months was up years ago ..

i have not signed any paper work for years with VM  Smiley Happy so i can give 24 hr's notice by phone.

B..T or S..ky can have my money.

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

just come in and put the computer on to this .....**bleep** am i being bandwidth throttled for no reason at all???..

first time today i have switched the pc on and i get this ...

7-2-17 at 15:577-2-17 at 15:57

0 Kudos