Menu
Beckio
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Awful speeds, area 01

Speeds are not even reaching 1mbps. Been like this since 1st December. Not sure what I can do, I can't even load a webpage or a picture on social media!
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful speeds, area 01

I am also in area01 which encompasses quite a few towns, am in Wigan WN6 which is massively overloaded but there is pockets which are not effected.

Best bet is to post some stats from your modem and cross you fingers because if there fine your in for ridiculous wait to get it fixed..

Beckio
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Funny thing is I moved house 1st December and took services with me, I've moved 5 minutes from my old house where I was on 50mbps package and getting 60+Mbps!
I'm now on 100mbps and don't even get 1mbps after 5pm!

Utterly ridiculous!!!

I'm in Liverpool L10 area
0 Kudos
willo62
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here in Liverpool 5. Vivid 200 and just speedtested and got 2.88 down and 7.13 up. Sick of phoning in, they have promised a refund but whats the point, I need a reliable service. Had an engineer out last week and he said they are awear of the problem but have no idea of a fix date.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beckio,

I'm really sorry for your reduced broadband speeds. I can see that you've been advised of a fault when calling in (ref: F004916582 ). The peak time slow speeds problem will be corrected when the planned network upgrade is completed. But we need to allow the pre-upgrade work to complete first, and that will be reviewed early next month.

In the meantime I'll refer you to a team who will provide updates and advice on what credit you are eligible for.

Sorry about this though and hope we have some good news for you before too long.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
willo62
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am happy to say your engineers have carried out the work promised in the area.  I am now getting up to 210Mbit down and 12.5Mbit up with very little slowdown in busy periods. I am also getting about 130Mbit down on wifi on my laptop. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello willo62,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

It's great to hear that you're now getting really good speeds. I really appreciate that you've kept in touch, please let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos