Menu
KazDubyew
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Awful evening speed. North London.

I hijacked someone elses question earlier but decided to make my own.

My broadband becomes unusable after 10pm, I can't play online and it struggles to stream videos and browse a webpage simultaneously. A speedtest said I was getting 0.41mbps (upload was fine).

This has been happening for a week now. It has been perfect since August last year.

At 00:25 I ran the test on the fault page (https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/cpe-diagnosis-result which is apparently meant to give me a results page but never does, unless "we're trying to sort it out for you" counts...) and then wondered off, at 00:51 I ran another speed test and I'm back at 168mbps. Is that because everyone has logged off or because that test actually did something useful?

This is both wired and wireless.
0 Kudos
KazDubyew
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful evening speed. North London. Area 15

So, it's just turned 21:00 and i'm about to play some games online and so has most of North London by the looks of it.....oh look, my speed which has been perfect all day has dropped to 2.71mbps.

I'm starting think it's an oversubscription issue.... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful evening speed. North London.

Hey KazDubyew,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're struggling with online gaming due to slow speeds, this must be frustrating.

I've just checked your Superhub and everything looks good! Your power and SNR levels are good, no time-outs and the area is currently free from fault.

Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? What device are you using to test your speeds?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos