Menu
Schuey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Awful customer service

I've spoken to 6 people from virgin over the phone so far, I have recordings of them all lying repeatedly and generally being parrots for the help page troubleshooting tips (I have 2 party consent, I asked if i could record and 3 said it was ok).  They are Just trying to get me off the phone the second they finish their basic preprinted "quick fixes", I have remained calm and collected but am still being treated with dishonesty and false promises.  And I am NOT getting what I am paying for.  And am seriously considering taking this to the media.

The first two just blatantly hung up on me after 40 mins because my issue was too complicated, the third sent me out a cat6 cable (despite me already owning multiple cat6 cables and explaining that wasn't the issue) when the cat6 cable didn't work i called again and was told there was a problem with the "power levels" and that an engineer would be sent out in the next couple of days.  I called after the engineer was supposed to arrive and was then informed (SURPRISE) an engineer wasn't booked, so i was blatantly lied to.  The person I was speaking too then tried for an hour to solve the problem via steps I was explaining I had already attempted, I let her go ahead anyway and when she couldn't solve the problem she gave up and told me to call tomorrow and she would flag me for level 2 tech support.  When I called the next day I was informed I wasn't eligible for level 2 tech support and hadn't been flagged for it, the guy I spoke to over the phone ignored the fluctuations in the tests I was showing him over remote access and the second we got a 200mb/s down result he told me it was working and that there wasn't a problem because we hit a 200 result.  For the record i rarely hit 200 down, I ran about 10 tests (most of which got around 40 down) but the second we hit 200 he ended the session and basically shut me down going on about the "up to speed" definition.  - I got a result of 6 down on a 200mb package, I think that is a bit of a stretch of the definition.

This is my speed as I type now, we are paying for virgin vivid 200 gamer.  It's a weekday, after peak time and this is it "working fine".  

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

I really need some help guys. NOTE: I am not in a high utilisation area.  Thanks

0 Kudos
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful customer service

Ho ho ho

I remember this issue on my connection all the way back in March which started in December last year - it kept being put back day after day, then it went to weeks - then to months.  - I know you'll provably think not,  but its is amusing how much twaddle can been posted with very little results. - I now have a  review date of 14th December - which after last nights 0.02 mbs down line on a 200.00mbs line is a complete and utter joke, & will probably be the point I go backwards in technology, and get BT in.

Complete waste of time, I hope your issue is resolved rather than what I have experienced crap service - a pitiful refund - especially when you promise your son he can play online after his homework is done only to find VIRGIN is complete rubbish.

My dial up modem in 1996 was faster that todays avg speeds. I have been with this lot since NTL, but loyalty counts for nothing

Merry Christmas VIRGIN

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful customer service

Hi Schuey,

Thanks for your post and I am sincerely sorry for the experience had.

I'd like to help with this and I've responded to your separate thread to do this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos