Menu
jaeb67
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Awful Speeds

Vivid 200mb,all day I get speeds at around 80-140mb. My speed gradually slows down from about 4pm, I notice the speed is around 10-15mb, around 5pm speeds drop to 6-7mb, 6pm unusable speeds of 2.79mb can't use ps4, can't use internet box or anything that needs to stream. Contacted support and informed me that I'm in an oversubscribed area.(not my problem, not my issue) Its about time these companies were made to be transparent about these type of issues when people join, Customers pay a lot of money and when my phone's data speeds are 3 times the speed of my supposedly super fast vivid 200 broadband its laughable. I was awarded a discount on my next bill from customer service and told me they have no date when this issue will be fixed, what about my bill the month after and the month after that? If this is not fixed by the time my contract is up for renewal I will be moving my £131.00 per month Phone, TV and Broadband to another provider

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Speeds

Hi jaeb67,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see the network issue you've mentioned (F004133742). Our technicians are working to improve the network in your area to accommodate the increased demand. I'm really sorry, I understand how frustrating this can be.

Our technicians have set a review date of 15th March 2017.

Sorry again for the trouble

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jaeb67
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Josh, I appreciate your reply and your apologies. Im more annoyed that this was not relayed to me when signing up for another service, we have been with you 15+years with our TV. I recently signed up for phone and broadband and it isn't cheap. The problem is companies like this don't have to be transparent with information and its wrong. I have had a discount on my broad band his month and the fact that you didn't tell me of this problem when I signed up I expect that discount every month until its fixed. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jaeb67,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can imagine how frustrating and annoying this must be.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos