Menu
antwigan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Aweful

Do you really think this is acceptable? For weeks now, every evening I'm lucky to get 5mb and its meant to be 100mb.

If it isnt sorted soon I will cancel as im not receiving the service I paid for.

0 Kudos
antwigan
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Aweful

Anyone from Virgin going to reply?
I'm in Wigan WN2 area. Would appreciate at least a reply. I wont pay for this waste of time service for much longer.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The staff do reply, but they are over a week behind, the fastest way is to ring CS/TS on a VM phone with 150.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
antwigan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I've called them in the past with problems. They never seem to know what they are doing and can never understand them as most of them cant speak plain english.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

antwigan wrote:
To be honest, I've called them in the past with problems. They never seem to know what they are doing and can never understand them as most of them cant speak plain english.

Just like 70% of Britain Smiley Tongue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Evening antwigan

Thanks for posting back on the community. 

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003993187 and with a review date of 26th October.

I can see from your speed test, that it was completed during peak hours. Are you able to complete a speed test during the day time through a wired connection to see if the speed differs please.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

antwigan
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
The speeds are fine during the day. I can understand that it will slow down at peak times but im now down to 2mb , it just isnt acceptable.

So basically Virgin Media only have money in mind and taken on more customers than the network can handle?
I spoke over the phone just now only to be told the date has been changed to the end of December. This isnt good enough, and will cancel when the cancellation department opens tomorrow. I wont be ripped off any more.

Where can I check on this reference number please?

Smurff37
Dialled in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain, i am also based in wigan and have had the on going issues since last year Smiley Sad last night i was getting 0.5mbps which is outragious, 2 kids cant play xbox live cant even do simply streaming or anything its a complete and utter joke. 

I now have to wait til December which is my 5th review date, i cannot get sky or bt fibre at the mo, VM do not give a toss about its customers, yes you are correct they just seem interested in taking money and not delivering a service.  A friend from the Golborne area was suffering from the same thing luckely he could get BT and has never looked back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello antwigan,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I do sincerely apologies for the fault in your area, I know how frustrating this can be.

If you'd like to get updates on the progress of the fault, just check back with us on or after the next review date.

In the mean time, please let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
antwigan
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to someone on the phone a couple of days ago. They agreed to upgrade me to 200mb free of charge to try and increase my speed a little. But even outside peak hours I'm still getting 100mb instead of 200mb. Could this be anything to do with power levels? I'm not even sure whats acceptable..

Untitled.png

0 Kudos