Menu
TOMJ1991
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At what point can I quit from over utilisation issues?

So my area has now got the dreaded over utilisation issue, my 100Mbs package got 80-90Mbs consistently is now down to a max speed test of 15Mbs, things dont load properly, YouTube videos dont buffer or take forever to load and so on and so forth.

I'm a firm believer of getting what you pay for and if you're not providing me with what I'm paying for I have absolutely no issues going else where.

Do I have grounds to leave? And what point is too slow from paying for 100Mbs to allow me to leave? Can I go to any sort of watchdog or Ofcom type company to complain and get the ball rolling? Or am I just stuck paying for a service that will probably remain like this for years - I'm saying years due to all the stuff that came up with a quick Google.

Thanks for any replies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: At what point can I quit from over utilisation issues?

Phone them up and ask.

AFAIK customers in areas suffering from overutilisation can,at VM's discretion, be released from contract with no EDF's. That would be quicker than going the ombudsman route.

If you DO want to go through the ombudsman, CISAS is your first point of contact. However you need to exhaust VM's own complaint procedure before they will step in, but they can offer advice in the meantime.

0 Kudos
TOMJ1991
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I rang them yesterday to ask what the issue was and as soon as they said I knew that it was time to get out ASAP.

It's a real shame because up until 2 days ago the service was fantastic, hadn't had a single drop out in 4 months, was quite impressed.
0 Kudos
jra505
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're thinking of leaving because you've had poor speed for two days?????

0 Kudos
TOMJ1991
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not thinking, I'm going to leave if possible.

This isnt my own service having issues for two days, my area is now confirmed to be affected by network overutilisation so it'll be like this for the foreseeable future.

They are aware of the issue but have no plans to even bother sending an engineer out to start the process of fixing the issue till April.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TOMJ1991 wrote:
I'm not thinking, I'm going to leave if possible.

This isnt my own service having issues for two days, my area is now confirmed to be affected by network overutilisation so it'll be like this for the foreseeable future.

They are aware of the issue but have no plans to even bother sending an engineer out to start the process of fixing the issue till April.

If its confirmed as overutilisation, leaving is the best course of action. No bar on rejoining when the issues are sorted and you'll likely qualify for new customer discounts, as it takes a lonnngggg...time to sort. If every customer in an overutilised area voted with their feet and left, resulting in VM receiving 0% of the monthly premium instead of the service credit that means they receive most of it, do you reckon they might put a few more quid into fixing it???

Im a VM fanboi. But the day my area gets the "O" word im OTF

More power to you TOMJ1991

0 Kudos