Menu
DaniXSI
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ashamed of my speed

I'm opening this thread after not being able to watch a video on Youtube without having to wait a few times for the video being buffered.

It's almost 12am when most of the people are sleeping and not connected to the Internet
I am on a highend computer (fast hard drive writing speed) directly wired to the SuperHub, so wifi interferences are not a problem
I live 150 meters away from a node

I pay for 200Mps

I get around 50Mps. I do appreciate I'll never get 200, but ATM 75% of my money is being wasted.

I have been VM user since october 2014 and ONLY ONCE I ran a speed test that gave me as a resut more than 100Mps, so It is not only today I am having poor speed: it is been a general rule from what I can remember. I have been an extremely patient client but enough is enough. No been even able to play a video reminds me the connection I had 15 years ago.
Router status shows no issues.

Service status shows no issues.

The way I read it is that VM is not able to provide what they make me pay for. Hence, I am seriously meditating the idea to switch to a different ISP. I rather like to have less speed but pay for what is fair.

Opening this thread as last chance to make me change my mind depending on what answers do I read, but I am extremely dissapointed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ashamed of my speed

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting, but do obscure personal information like your WAN IP address.

0 Kudos
DaniXSI
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Log is cropped as these few lines are always the sameLog is cropped as these few lines are always the same

Bigger size

https://imgur.com/a/uliAm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The log table is full as you are seeing the same error being repeated (same timestamp), you will need to clear the logs to get any meaningful info. This is a known bug.

However, the error counters are showing a high amount of T3 errors, these could be a historical build up,but without the logs it would be hard to say.

There are a high amount of Pre RS errors and Post RS errors on a couple of downstream channels,again these could be a historical build up. The RS errors need to be rest and the hub rebooted. If the RS errors are rapidly increasing. then this would indicate a noisy connection to VM's CMTS.

Starting a Broadband Quality Monitor here would give a deeper insight on how your connection is performing. You will need to enable Respond to ICMP Echo Requests in the advanced section of the Hub's GUI.

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need an engineer visit. You have excessive errors both upstream and downstream. Indeed you're supposed to be connected to 4 upstreams and are only connected to one, and that one you're clinging on to. All the upstreams seem to have fallen back to the most noise-tolerant mode they have.

Looks as though some work is needed on your property specifically and potentially the network in your area.

0 Kudos
DaniXSI
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks for the answers

I've reset the router and pre and post RS errors.

After a few minutes I see there's still errors coming up (only on Pre RS) from DS-1 to DS-6

Not a good sign....

0 Kudos