Menu
Ajmottershead78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Area 31

My WiFi keeps on dropping out and the Internet has been playing up for weeks. I've been rebooting it and running tests via virgin media, always says try again in 10 minutes. Driving me mad!! No WiFi right now, and lost all TV and Internet a few days ago.
0 Kudos
LokiDog
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31

Where did you last see it?

0 Kudos
Ajmottershead78
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV and Internet back on now, but wifi drops out then comes back. Really slow between about 6pm and 10pm.
0 Kudos
Matthewcain
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 is pants. I'm paying for 200 - as of 10 minutes ago - it was less than 5, and has been consistently bad since early September. It's a known issue, impacting a lot of customers in Herts / St Albans / Cambridge.

I've complained, requested escalation, suggested breach of contract, asked why it's not publicised on the service status page etc.

Virgins response is woefully inadequate, hence I'm now in contact with ofcom.

- Matt

GMAN73
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Area 28 has been dead since this afternoon I'm getting 0.05 Mbps. This is the 2nd time in the last few days that it's played up.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ajmottershead78

Sorry you are having problems with stability, I notice that the hub transmit levels are a bit too high

51.7 dBmV        53 dBmV

This may cause a few drops although not specifically wireless related. I think it may be best to let one of our engineers visit to investigate further. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment. Please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
levygreen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband is down now in this area Smiley Sad
0 Kudos