Menu
scurrminator
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 extremely slow speed

I've been getting speeds of around 0.20 Mbps tonight and pings around 2,000!

What's going on!?
0 Kudos
Poisonspyder
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 extremely slow speed

Yup same here. Same area. Been like it for at least a week. Abysmal service. Laptop is quicker downloading tethered to my phone.. and that's on three and saying something
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scurrminator,

Sorry to hear you've been getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention all look healthy from here. Are you still getting the same poor speeds and high latency?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
scurrminator
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. The speed issues are only for wireless. I have tried every device right next to the router and ping is now fine but speeds are sub 2Mbps. Nothing has been moved in my house and everything has been fine for the past three years here but for some reason it's just not working now. As stated this is with the devices right next to the unit. I have cycled through all 13 available channels as well.

I should note that upload speed is perfect, 5Mbps, in every test I run so it's clearly not a signal strength or interference issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello scurrminator,

Thanks for getting back to us with more info Smiley Happy

Apologies again about this. I think it would be a good idea to try a replacement Superhub as you're using the first version and you've had it for over 4 years.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to arrange this.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos