Menu
Tnb201
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 evening speed

Hi,

I'm in St. Albans, under area 31. On 50mbps contract. Speed is good in mornings but in the evening the speed drops significantly to like 2-3 Mbps...is this normal??

Tim
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 evening speed

Its normal for VM but no it should not drop that low.. place bets on it being "high utilisation" which means they have over sold the network your on, they will supply you with a repair date they have no intention of sticking to, thats if they even consider your 3Mb evening speed bad enough to even bother raising to the "network team" in the first place, either way your in for a LONG wait.

Virgin media, the UK's fastest broadband.... Why they banned that advert ill never know.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Tim,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the upstream power levels are high and the downstream is too low at - 9 dBmV. As this can have an impact on your broadband, I would like to book an engineer appointment to check this over for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm.

I did also notice a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003661607 and with a review date of 28th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stef32
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi is spoke today with a virgin..

Everyone who expecting to be sorte out the interent by the 28 december..

Dont wait.

They again change the de to 1 Mar 2017..

So still same comedy..

I decide to leave them..There is not other option!

Will join BT.

0 Kudos
Stef32
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Samantha !!...What about you?The virgin paying you for lying customers?...

What you didnt telling as true how is it?

Virgin still and still bring in new customers to make the internet more slower..Why not...80% unhappy customers is not inaf.!!..

Why you simply didnt tell as the upgrade is somewhere in the future but goodness now when!:-)

0 Kudos