Menu
Martinb1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 broadband PM slowdown

Anyone else in area 31 AL5 experiencing slowdowns every evening. I'm on 100mb and first thing in the morning am getting that speed. The last few evenings am getting < 2mb sometimes nothing. Been on to support twice and after the usual scripted request to reset router etc finally said there was a know issue (S004020155)in the area since November and won't be fixed until Jan sometime.. and couldn't say why it doesn't appear as an issue on line when you check the service in your area. Shockingly poor service!
0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 broadband PM slowdown

Type this: F004020155 into the search bar at the top of this page. More info' for you there. Smiley Wink

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
Martinb1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Pete7049

Thought i'd wait a month to see if anything magically got fixed. Sometimes get 60Mb before 8am, but less than 5Mb in the evenings. I was given a date of 11th of Jan for an update on the fault F004020155. Nothing seems to have changed and still getting very poor speeds at peak time. I was told a credit would be applied to my account last time I called.  I just got my bill but that doesn't even seem to have been applied !

Anyone from Virgin able to give an update on this fault ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Martinb1000,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 26th April.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with further updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chris_c81
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having real issues here to in Area 31 (NN40RR). On Vivid 200mb and its usually solid, top speed. Last few days its been terrible and today it's practically non working. Called 150 did some tests and resets, no joy. In fact since speaking to Virgin it's got worse!! They say nothing wrong, are sending a new Super hub out anyway. Engineer was up street earlier in week at the green box. Bit of a coincidence it's started acting up around same time.
0 Kudos
Chris_c81
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So annoyed with Virgin this evening. Basically treated like a mushroom - kept in the dark and fed ****. On the phone for 35 minutes earlier to be told all is fine, its not Virgins fault, must be the modem, line is fine. Expected to wait until Tuesday for replacement. Internet is made worse as a result of speaking to the guy on the phone! Several hours later, surprise surprise, the internet is magically up and running again. So if it wasn't the modem, must have been a fault on the line or area...

Also thanks for disconnecting me twice after waiting 15 minutes on hold to customer services...
0 Kudos