Menu
betjam13
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 (Stafford, ST16) Internet connection intermittent

Hi,
We have been having a consistently bad connection ever since Thursday now (5 days when posted). Download speeds have been fluctuating wildly, but seem to hit 6mbps regularly (we pay for 50).

Using the online service checker has been a fruitless task as when the fix by deadline is met it is pushed back several more hours. I understand that these dates aren't concrete, but it has been pushed back around ten times now!

Only one device (mobile) is connected to the WiFi and is still running slow so it's not a bandwidth issue.
My PS4 has not been able to connect properly to the Internet either (it's not a fault on its end, and the WiFi signal couldn't be stronger), this means we have had limited entertainment over the past few days because we use it for Netflix etc.. So we've had to put up with -shudders- terrestrial TV. And the same 10 channels get a little boring after a while.

So could we please get an update on what is happening and can you set a fix date that is concrete. I'd rather wait another day or two to get a definite fix instead of a false hope that it will be fixed in a couple of hours!
0 Kudos
klaptout
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 (Stafford, ST16) Internet connection intermittent

We've had the same fault since Wednesday 11th January, it appears to be town wide. The service status estimate for repair changes every day, it's very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Sukerkin
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And the Fixed-by deadline silently moves again -

2017-01-17T16:00:00

Atrocious.  Other than the fact that we'd get the two-hour run-around on the phone to an Indian call-centre I would be campaigning for all we dis-satisfied customers in the Stafford area to be ringing up to make our feelings known.

I know the poor staff aren't screwing the system up on purpose but Virgin must be at least a little concerned over the custom they are likely to lose as well as the damage to their reputation.

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it's been fixed, finally. I'm not having any intermittent slow browsing issues, or pages failing to load, and the service status page is now clear (for broadband anyway - there's still a couple of problems with TV).

0 Kudos
Sukerkin
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For me the real proof that it is fixed is when I get home from work and try to log in for some on-line gaming - that has been almost impossible for the past week, often taking two hours of repeated attempts to get a successful log-in and then suffering random disconnects from the server, meaning you have to try to log in all over again :heavy sigh:..

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, it was the same way for me. I'd boot up my Xbox One and sometimes I couldn't even log in at all. Sometimes I'd log in, but some of the dashboard elements wouldn't load. Sometimes I couldn't view my messages. I'd regularly get kicked from Live to the point where it was pointless trying to play an online game or join a party with friends.

I've had my Xbox One on for the last 90 minutes or so and it's been fine, so hopefully you'll have no problems either.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi betjam13,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've checked out the network and there is still an issue causing intermittent connection - Ref.(F005014781). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 26th January.

I'm really sorry, I know how frustrating this can be! I'll check back with you after the review date to make sure everything is working as it should

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos