Menu
TbirdX
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 Slow Speeds

So, not getting a true picture from the call centre. Does anyone know what the issue is affecting area 31 and why the speeds have dropped to less than 2M during the evenings?

And when, if ever, it'll be fixed?

apollo_
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 Slow Speeds

I got same problem, same area as well. I was told they have high utilisation during peak times and they need to add more servers and migrate  us across or something, they said there looking to fix this by Feb next year . I had a right go at them and really angry with their attitude , they just don't care. going to see what other providers can do for me tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Evening TbirdX,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I would like to check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TbirdX
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

I appreciate the offer but I'm not going to post the info you requested, even in a private message, on an open forum. I'm sure you can understand why.

I did manage to speak to someone who told me there were issues on the network in my area and a ticket would be raised to fix them. I've no idea what those issues were or if they have been fixed.

T

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there TbirdX,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand that you do not want to post the details that I requested which is fine. I have now managed to locate your account.

From checking the network there is high traffic during peak hours. I have raised this again to our networks department for further investigation. Once I have more information I will let you know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kettle
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have also noticed very slow speeds in the evening, area 31. On Vivid 100 but some days it has been as low as just 3.5Mbs; I was getting a few days stats together when I noticed this thread; moderator, do you think this is acceptable?

0 Kudos
ebdnet
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been having issues ever since I turned the router off and went on holiday for two weeks in early November.  On my return I am on 2Mb instead of 50 (or rather 40+).

When I ring 150 they can do something that restores the 40Mb, but it dies again within a hour.  On Wednesday the engineer said he needed 24hrs to run more tests and he would call back.  Guess what I'm still waiting.    There is no issue at my end, no interference, no co channel, in fact its a quiet area.   My wifi signal registers 100% at 98% quality and an RSSI of 0.     Today all I am getting is DNS look up fails, host disconnects, and constant lock ups.     A ping to the DNS server times out.    You have serious issues guys and need to sort it out.    I can no longer ring 150.  Firstly because since I have a logged fault I am auto redirected to the engineers, but some idiot has redirected me to the phone queue, so after waiting 30 minutes they simply hang up on me, and anyway they have now closed the lines and are telling us to contact Virginmedia.com.         This is now beyond a joke.  Its breach of contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning TbirdX,

Just wanted to let you know more information in regards to the high peak time traffic fault that I raised.

The networks team have checked this and as there has been an improvement with the traffic it has been closed down as resolved. 

There is currently and SNR fault in your area which is causing intermittent connection. The reference number is F004949897 and has a review date of 28th December.

Has there been an improvement with your speeds?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos