Menu
Sirk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 Overutilization and this god awful Superfast Fibre Optic Speed

My first post & I need some help from anyone that can help me with the pityful D/L speeds. My 100MB Vivid package is crawling from 4pm - 11pm daily so as to make it utterly useless.

Daytime is 96Mb. Not alot of use when we are all at work & the kids at school. Effectively the only time the family want to use the internet they cant because its like wathcing a slideshow.. Smiley Sad

I have been a customer for over 15 years & go all the way back to dialup under Telewest & I can comfortably say that I have never experienced such a dismal difference between what I am being charged for & what is actually being delivered.

At this point I am seriously considering dumping VM if this cannot be resolved quickly as its getting worse! Last night it hit 6mb - an all time low & I am beginning to think it only right that I reduce my DD by 94% to reflect the service provided.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a line check or is the area 31 overutilization the issue here?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Sirk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 Overutilization & this god awful Superfast Fibre Optic Speed

Can I get some help from a moderator or do I need to go to retentions & involve the ombudsman & cisas to get myself removed from this undelivered contract of supply?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sirk

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are suffering slow peak time speeds, it does seem to be down to area traffic. We are aware ref F004741873 and would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 05 APR 2017. If you would please kindly wait one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further in the next week.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sirk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Patience is not a commodity that Virgin Media have any further entitlement to where I am concerned Nicola. While I appreciate you role as a forum moderator has little impact with which the glacial speed at which this service issue is being firstly acknowledged & secondly commuinicated to the affected clients - you are aligned with a company that I know hold little faith in.

I am a fairly patient & tolerant man, however my patience isn't limitless. This was a reported issue in September - I have permitted Virgin media the industry mandatory 8 weeks in which to remedy this breach of supply & I receive in the post today (3 months later) a generic letter indicating that VM are unaware of what the issue is & they 'hope' that it has sorted itself out.

This is now being esculated to retentions with a case number from CISAS as I am tired of micromanaging sub-standard suppliers incapable of meeting the very basic levels of ISP service.

I would suggest that they take this seriously as I fully intend to recover all monies paid for the unsupplied service & the inadequate level of attention given to this issue to afford me the ability to detach myself from a supplier incapable if issuing the mandatory minimum bandwith in order to be able to describe the service as functional.

Regards

Mr G J Hennell

mojouk1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree with you. My service regularly slows to 3 or 4 Mbps when I pay for the 70 Mbps service. I have contacted VM countless times to complain and find out whats going on and have been told that basically they can't keep up with the demand in my area. They have been working on the line since April last year and was told the work will be finished on Dec 21. That date has passed and again last night i had to phone them again due to such a bad service. Its a joke but i'm not laughing. I too will be talking to the appropriate ombudsman to complain about a service not fit for purpose and will be pushing for substantial compensation. Like you I have good speed close to what i should get during the day but in the evening (when its actually needed) it always drops to a maximum of half what i pay for and quite frequently far below that. Between 10 and 20 Mbps most nights dropping as low as 3Mbps as was the case last night. I will be cancelling my contract early with VM in the very near future for providing a service thats not fit for purpose if they cant resolve this. What i find the most appalling is that VM know about these issues but have the cheek to take full payment from their customers. They should be offering us a reduced payment while these problems exist without having to constantly contact them (often being placed on hold for ages) to get some form of compensation that does not come close to covering the level of disruption to the service.

Sirk wrote:

Patience is not a commodity that Virgin Media have any further entitlement to where I am concerned Nicola. While I appreciate you role as a forum moderator has little impact with which the glacial speed at which this service issue is being firstly acknowledged & secondly commuinicated to the affected clients - you are aligned with a company that I know hold little faith in.

I am a fairly patient & tolerant man, however my patience isn't limitless. This was a reported issue in September - I have permitted Virgin media the industry mandatory 8 weeks in which to remedy this breach of supply & I receive in the post today (3 months later) a generic letter indicating that VM are unaware of what the issue is & they 'hope' that it has sorted itself out.

This is now being esculated to retentions with a case number from CISAS as I am tired of micromanaging sub-standard suppliers incapable of meeting the very basic levels of ISP service.

I would suggest that they take this seriously as I fully intend to recover all monies paid for the unsupplied service & the inadequate level of attention given to this issue to afford me the ability to detach myself from a supplier incapable if issuing the mandatory minimum bandwith in order to be able to describe the service as functional.

Regards

Mr G J Hennell

0 Kudos