Menu
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 HP23 Tring. Evening performance is terrible

Since the beginning of November, evening performance (from 18:00 to 24:00) has been consistently very poor, with typically 30Mb down and 11Mb up, but at times even these figures look good! Performance the rest of the time is fine with 200Mb down and 12Mb up.

I am unable to stream video most evenings (BBC, YouTube) at anything over postage stamp size and at the lowest resolutions.

This evening I couldn't even playback a recorded audio stream from the BBC site; download is slower than upload even to your nearest tame speedtest.net server in Luton.

Terrible evening performanceTerrible evening performance

Prior to my speed upgrade (sic) to Vivid 200, I was getting a rock solid 150Mb down every day and night.

Can you please check for over-utilisation issues (which are actually under-provisioning issues of course, but I know you can't say that) or any other issues in the area and provide me with a Fault Reference number that I can then use to claim compensation for reduced performance levels I'm receiving please?

I am aware of many others in the area reporting similar poor performance but, of course, they could be completely different issues to the ones I am seeing, couldn't they?

Here's a load of data from DSLReports which shows speed tests at different times of the day over the last few weeks.

DSL Reports Data from November 02 to dateDSL Reports Data from November 02 to date

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31 HP23 Tring. Evening performance is terrible

There is a lot of network re-segmenting going on downstream of the Hemel headend at the moment. Performance on my connection has been going up & down for days at a time, but then usually recovers to normal levels.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not seeing any signs of any recovery though - evenings have been consistently bad since the start of this month

0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here are the typical Think Broadband quality monitor levels I am seeing. In October all was quiet as it has been for a long time, but in November every evening, the latency picks up and the packets start to get dropped.

Typical OctoberTypical OctoberTypical November (today)Typical November (today)

0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have been given a Fault Reference F004662859 form the call centre and a fix date of 14/12/2016. Can this reference be verified please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey JayAy,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

I've just replied to your other thread regarding this.

I hope it helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Im glad its not just me then, i recently joined virgin 100mb broadband monday this week and well, come the evening my Broadband is down to 8mb and the call centre just fobbed me off!

0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just been on the phone to CS who now say that there is no fault F004662859 registered against the account.

Can you let me know what the new fault reference number is for this and when the next review date is please?

0 Kudos
JayAy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Even better CS refuse to raise a new fault becuase I can still get to Google. What sort of valid check is that to do with any performance issue?
0 Kudos