mattaddiction
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 31, Connection just got VERY Slow

Hi,

Area reference: 31

Royston, Herts.

I've just noticed (last night and this morning), my Virgin Media cable has got very slow... I'm currently getting around 6Mbs/0.9Mbs on Speed test.net and Think Broadband speed test (from a pc connected via a cable to the BB router)

Had been enjoying the full 50Mbs (70, before I re contracted and they removed the speed boost...) for the past year or so.

Are there any know problems in this area or work going on, or is it just getting congested again... ?

Thx

matt 

0 Kudos
nbcaldon
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31, Connection just got VERY Slow

If you check the service status online, you will find there are 'No known issues'.

But actually, there is an Outage ref F005202158 affecting Broadband, Voice and TV. 

Call 150 and register for updates if you like.

The latest message I have says '..an engineer is on their way.  The estimated repair time is now: 11/04/2017 14:00:00', which is very precise for something that is expected to last at least a week..

I assume your 0.9MB/s is the download speed, much the same as we have been getting since yesterday.

0 Kudos
mattaddiction
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I had checked the service status and it indeed helpfully said 'No known Faults'.

yes /0.9 was the down up speed.

m

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello mattaddiction,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I appreciate this is disappointing. Can I ask if you're testing the speed on your wireless or hard-wired connection? Ideally we would need to be seeing results tested with an Ethernet cable. Do you notice if the speeds change a different times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos