Menu
piezor
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 30 "utilisation issue"

I called at the beginning of the year when speeds were rock bottom and eventually get palmed off with the call centre saying there was high utilisation in my area.

Call up last night to complain as it just dropped out of nowhere to 0.8 download and was told the same thing....6 months later.

an hour previous i was watching house of cards in 4k on netflix boom, can't load the google homepage or ping anything. yet i'm suppose to believe that at 22:45 there is high utilisation out of nowhere that kills my speed.

well it's happened again tonight. I guess i should be happy though as at least i'm getting 1.13Mbps

This is completely unacceptable and the £5 credit on my account goes absolutely nowhere to compensating me for the lack of help received at the call centre, the lack of service which i pay for and the lack of competency on virgin media's part for apparently not addressing the "utilisation issue" for 6 months.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 30 "utilisation issue"

Hi there piezor,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear about the connection issues you've been experiencing.

I can see that you've called us since posting to discuss this further.

I've located your account and I can confirm that the fault ticket reference of F003624677, concerning a high demand for our service in your area, currently has a review date set for 05/10/2016.

I have passed this information on to another team to monitor the fault in conjunction with your account.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
andy9054
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I live in the same area 30 and have called several times over the last months to complain about the same issue of slow speeds , connection dropping etc.

Finally last night I called and was also told an upgrade was planned by mid October in the area due to high utilisation.

The rebates I have had are not acceptable for what is a not fit for purpose service. 

@Nat_J, in case you weren't aware up until now Virgin, in this area, have had a monopoly on fibre broadband speeds but having just spoken to BT, it appears they will be offering their infinity service within a few months now. I'd suggest if this isn't resolved by mid October as per the plan you will have a raft of customers leaving.

Thanks

SarahjW87
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

We moved to virgin in June after being told we could have the big easy package, only to then receive a message advising we couldn't take the broadband, since then we have waited for these "upgrades" which apparently happened but modem testing didn't go well so further upgrades are required... 4 months on!! What did BT say regarding infinity as I used to have this in my old property as I'm getting fed up of relying on my mobile data.

Sarah :-)
0 Kudos
andy9054
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 30 and keep being fobbed off, wouldnt be so bad if they actually admitted it was down to overutilisation, rather than the handful of other excuses I have been given so far..
0 Kudos