Menu
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Area 30 Mansfield Slow Every Night

I'm only on 50Mbps and getting that speed is no problem in the morning or mid day.

But every evening I'm down to 2 to 5 Mbps and sometimes lower.

To slow to run HD or 4k streaming services.

Getting really frustrated with the service.

Lee

chaos4eva
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 30 Mansfield Slow Every Night

Also in Mansfield area.

Upgraded to 200MB and at its worst get 2M speed.

To make things worse there is massive latency where pages get stuck for seconds before they decide to finish loading.

Im wired directly to the router via gigabit connection on a fresh install of Windows 10 to remove that as being my problem.

I did speak with CS and after messing around for 30 mins they admitted there was a fault in the area and they said it will take until the end of the month to fix. Im like well thats helpful!, or simply a fob me off comment so I would end the call and accept there working on it.

Im all for it being a little slower at peak times but getting 1% of what I should be getting is an embarrassment for what should be the faster broadband in the UK.

mansfieldchap
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Signed up exclusively to find out what is happening in Mansfield with speed recently and found this thread.

I can confirm we're receiving the same thing. We moved here 6 months ago, had perfect 200mb speed for 3 months, and during 2017 we've had 1-2mb fixed speed limits on our download. Upload however, is still 10mb+ 

It only happens in the evening, but it happens consistently every night without fail. Occasionally, but only occasionally, will we get 10mb or so after 9-10pm, but it's intermittent and still nowhere near the 200mb we're paying for.

It's also nothing to do with the speed throttling limits - this happens whether we've been out for the day or not, it doesn't matter how much we've used the internet.

I've been a Virgin customer for 15 years, and this is the worst it's been.

logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any reply from Virgin?

0 Kudos
chaos4eva
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WE LIKE IT SLOW! (200 Mb/s LOL)

Another 48 hours of this and Virgin can stick the contract.

20 odd year customer all the way back to when it started with Diamond Cable. 

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

F004175974 Is probably the ticket number and May 17th the review date, whatever that means.

i'm also in the Mansfield area and a former Diamond Cable / NTL customer and experiencing exactly the same symptoms at peak time.  

In short, VM have signed up more customers than our bit of their network can handle.   A bit like trying to cram too many people on a train.  Looks like a pattern is emerging doesn't it.

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tonights result.

Can't wait until May to be able to use streaming TV services. Waiting for Sky to ring me back with a deal.

Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi logiclee,

Further to my post in a separate thread, you're currently affected by an area fault concerning a high demand for our service under the reference F004379326, with a review set for 03/05/2017.

Really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update for all us Slow Area30 people.

The review date to fix the problem has now been moved to January 2018. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You couldn't make this up.

Sky Fibre for me.

Lee

0 Kudos
arnosgrove
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is an absolute nightmare. I can't even escape VM because Openreach's database is screwed up and shows me as the only house in the street than can't get fibre with them. To make matters worse, the standard broadband download speed is showing a 0mb (yes, 0mb) but they do promise an upload speed of 1mb...

It's impossible to know what to do. Every broadband option I can access is utter crap and there is literally no way of changing it.

0 Kudos