Menu
grav86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Area 30 200mb shocking

Hi currently getting between 6-10mb at peak times on vivid 200 please help. Paying alot of money for poor service.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 30 200mb shocking

Hi there grav86,

Welcome back to the community. It's nice to have you here.

I've run some checks on your broadband connection, the line and the hub have come back as fine which is good. However there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing the slow speeds you have been experiencing. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004379326 and with a review date of 25th January 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Remlap
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Likewise suffering painfully slow download speeds in area 30. 

My 'up to 150mbs' has never delivered more than 91mbs (at 5:30am), and for the past three evenings my download speeds have ranged from a superfast 5.97mbs to a mindbogglingly unbelievably fast 8.7mbs, despite changing channels and several resets.

Simply not good enough VM. 

grav86
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How to i keep updated on this issue? As when i check my account it says everything is fine.

Also i noticed another thread in area 30 with a different reference number F004610345. Would this also affect me?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey grav86,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

We're more than happy to keep you up to date, if you post back on or after the review date, we can check the ticket and let you know what's happening.

Don't worry about any other fault reference, they're cable specific so won't necessarily affect you even if they're in the area local area.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

iv been informed by senior members of virgin media that the issue will be sorted by then of of this year!,

it was scheduled to be fixed march 2017 but due to complaints they have brought it forward, the problem lies from the exchange/terminal in Hemel, the land required to fix the issue has now been brought lets see if virgin will keep their promise for the end of the year.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Completely different areas. You are posting about area 22 in Hemel, this is area 30.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
grav86
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
ryana
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Grizzlehound
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just a update they have now pushed this back until may 2017 meaning over 2 years of overutilization in this area. Absolutely shocking that there selling 200 gamer no traffic management in this area when there unable to provide even there most basic package.
0 Kudos