Menu
Dtshiels
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 26 - new customer, slow speeds

New to virgin broadband, installed yesterday and straight away was getting just over 50mbp, now struggles to get 18-20mpbs. In a 50mbp area, help/advice very much appreciated. (Wired connection)
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 - new customer, slow speeds

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will apologise in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code you cannot look up and a review date that means nothing as its not a repair date.

In the meantime feel free to troll the forums on your superfast broadband as its about the only page that loads in peek time and call India on 150 with the fault code the forum team provide to get a MASSIVE £3 diminished service refund for the month.

If you are not willing to put up with the lies and quite possibly YEARS of rubbish internet there are other providers available (once you start having issues you forever will!!!)

CANCEL WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!

Chaff
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You're lucky you aren't one of the poor customers duped into buying 100 or 200mb packages who are getting speeds even lower than what you're reporting. Prepare for a good fobbing off by Virgin Media and never ending review dates for your issue that they probably won't even acknowlegde Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dtshiels,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Great to hear that you've recently joined us!

Sorry to hear your speeds are low, I know this is disappointing. I've taken a look at your connection and nothing is standing out in error. Can I ask if you see any difference in the speed if you pop your Hub into Modem Mode? Also, are you noticing the reduction on multiple devices or just one?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos