Menu
Eoghan1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 26 internet speed

New to virgin fibre optic broadband was guaranteed 50mb but getting less than 20. Is this the norm?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 internet speed

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub, testing in the morning and again during evening peak to checj for any utilsation issues.

0 Kudos
Eoghan1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am connected with a wire but I am lucky if the speed gets up to 20 which is quite disappointing
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will apologise in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code you cannot look up and a review date that means nothing as its not a repair date.

In the meantime feel free to troll the forums on your superfast broadband as its about the only page that loads in peek time and call India on 150 with the fault code the forum team provide to get a MASSIVE £3 diminished service refund for the month.

If you are not willing to put up with the lies and quite possibly YEARS of rubbish internet there are other providers available (once you start having issues you forever will!!!)

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Eoghan1,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds. I'm sorry to confirm that there is a fault in your area under ref: F004963394 which is due for review on the 12th April. This fault is responsible for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours and to resolve this we will need to perform network upgrades.

I know this isn't the best of news so please accept my sincere apologies.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos