Menu
BTwiss
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 26 Snail Speed Broadband

Anyone else in Area 26 experiencing sub-dual up speeds. Began on Tuesday - 20th - and persists. Ironically just signed up to the 70mbps upgrade and whilst I am 10 feet from such a router I am forced to pay this from my mobile ISP.

Is Virgin throttling speeds? A drop from 70 to under 5 is more like full strangulation!

Utterly disgraceful - their helpline is the biggest charade this side of Christmas Day and - conveniently - the self test page is not available.

Tired of this evasion, deceit, ridiculous expense for existing customers and huge discounts for the new, so it's getting cancelled in the New Year whether it's fixed or not.

20+ hrs is enough. Even Sky would be better than this!
0 Kudos
nidstigator
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 Snail Speed Broadband

Just chiming in to say that this is started happening since 2 days ago- 12mbps on average for a 200mbs gamer package line.

Must be a fault in area 26?

power levels are the usual here.  

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nidstigator wrote:

Just chiming in to say that this is started happening since 2 days ago- 12mbps on average for a 200mbs gamer package line.

Must be a fault in area 26?

power levels are the usual here.  

overloading and already overloaded network is not what most call a fault, VM will class it as a fault though am sure...

Don't faults go on the status page??

Dodgy service run by dishonest people is more what it is..

0 Kudos
Ashar
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

same problem, im in Area 30, I used to have a consistant speed of about 160Mbps, which slowed to around 100Mbps a few weeks, ago, i put it down to christmas time, but on sunday it dropped below 1Mbps, and stays between 0.5 and 2 Mbps throught the day since.

Until this recent problem, ive had very little trouble with my connection, and the other companies like sky and bt, dont offer anything even close to teh speeds vm offer, they both seem to max at 76Mbps, which is not fast enough for my needs, so i just have to hope that my current problem is recified soon. Not to mention the fact if i changed servie, id have to pain of changing my landline number too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BTwiss,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your speeds are fluctuating. From what you've posted it sounds like you're connecting over wireless. Is this correct?
I've checked your connection and can see no issues from here. If you are connecting over wireless could you try a wired connection and let us know if there is an improvement?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos