Menu
andy1027
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 26 Slow speeds

Running slow in area 26 BT5. Its not that urgent because I can still operate. Getting about 38 - 42mbps download over WiFi when I normally get over 100mbps. We pay for 200mbps download. 

When checking the service status I can see "You may currently be experiencing intermittent access to webmail. Refreshing your internet browser could help resolve the issue"

I'm not sure if this issue would cause a speed reduction, but if any of the admins or moderators know that it is causing slower speeds then that would be useful to know.

Thanks

Andy from Belfast dialling in
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 Slow speeds

It shouldn't effect the speeds.

Are your wired speeds effected?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
andy1027
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Haven't checked wired speed yet. I wasn't in the position to do so when I wrote thread initially. I will check soon though

Andy from Belfast dialling in
0 Kudos
WildWayz
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 26 has a high utilisation issue which is on-going since September.

A couple of weeks ago, they fixed the downstream part (for me, anyway - was getting between 100-200Mbit on a 300Mbit package) - but upload is now dodgy. 

Even during the downstream issue, I was getting a solid 20mbit upload - but now I get between 10-14mbit no matter what time of day it is.

Virgin keep telling me engineers are working on it... and that I will be credited back £25 a month since the issue started until it is marked as 'resolved'.

Currently paying £98 a month for 300Mbit Homeworks, Basic TV and Basic Phone.

0 Kudos