Menu
Joe92
Fibre optic
Message 61 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 - Belfast / Lisburn - Slow Internet

If you've been given an 'F' number then unfortunately (fortunately for VM Smiley Wink) the status of this 'fault' is always kept from the main status page. So, chronic over utilisation (subscription) issues that have lasted, oh let's say, 1-3 yrs (examples abound) are deemed - when the issue still remains -  not worth informing all affected customers and every new customer in that fault catchment area. Oh yes, new fault numbers are assigned to these on-going utilisation issues (due to under engineering of each fix). This raises audit/transparency issues. Dear oh dear oh dear...VM what are you doing? Give all new and current customers the full facts of all local 'faults' to allow them to make a fully informed choice on their ongoing local situation. 

redzombie
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Seems my speeds are now fixed (Newtownabbey area) my internet was down for 10 minutes then the problem was sorted atleast they stuck to their word with the 2nd week in May fix date. hitting download speeds of 216mb

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 63 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Ditto.. All back to normal again Monkstown area, download speeds up to 109mbps on testing.

and now 24 download channels instead of 12 Smiley Happy

Joe92
Fibre optic
Message 64 of 85
Flag for a moderator

If it's truly fixed then you've won the jackpot! However, do a few speedtest.net runs well inside the standard high utilisation period 8pm-10pm - just for your own sanity.

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I done 6 tests last night on none virgin servers, 2 before peak, during peak and after peak times and each test maxed out at 221mbit down 21mbit up on the gamer package
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 66 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Latency spikes is very high and there was a hump last night, same as reported in another thread

My Broadband Ping - after fix May17

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 67 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobajob84, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, the fault ref Sam referred to is on a different cable to the one you are currently on. 

It may help us to see a TBB so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing from your side. (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

The connection looks ok from this side. But clearly you are still saying you are experiencing trouble so we do need to investigate further. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
devst8ndscodave
Tuning in
Message 68 of 85
Flag for a moderator

errors.png

The current state of my connection. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 69 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi devst8ndscodave, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005295823 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 22/05/2017. 

I will keep an eye on this for you, and let you know as soon as we know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 70 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe92, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004055880 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 01 NOV 2017, please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

I can also see a high number of FECS and the SNR seems a little low in your area, I have popped this across to networks to investigate further. I will let you know as soon as I know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos