Menu
redzombie
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 - Belfast / Lisburn - Slow Internet

p.s. just off the phone to them, I quoted ticket (F005206356) and the guy confirmed completion is 2nd june, after saying we were told 2nd week May he said that it was fixed on the 7th May  but 12hrs later the problem had been reported again... told to keep checking for updates so back to waiting another month, also queried them over my discount which is finally being applied to next bill for the value of £23. Im getting 2.5% of my broadband speeds.

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 85
Flag for a moderator

As soon as i heard the date changed to June, i cancelled my services again and ordered BT, if it was fixed before the 26th May i would keep virgin and cancel BT but doesn't look like that is happening.

I currently can't watch a 1080 youtube video without alot of buffering, even 720p60fps can cause some problems during peak times

Kicks88
Tuning in
Message 53 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Only just after speaking to one of the so called 'support staff' who pretty much fobbed me off the the hundredth time as soon as I mentioned that I wanted compensated for the loss of service I got the same old **bleep** of try and restart your hub, check the speeds, we will restart your line blah blah, even quoted the ticket number of F005206356 and was told it was closed today just after 4pm saying that the fault had been fixed...

This is beyond a joke, I am getting nowhere with any of them, constantly passing me from pillar to post with zero help and still expecting me to pay the full £50 this month? Over 5 **bleep** months now I have been on the phone, had engineers out, been on their online chats and still get the same old crap, I have had the modem replaced 3 times in that space of time with the same old rubbish fed to me each time, faults been fixed restart your hub blah blah

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 54 of 85
Flag for a moderator

You have to get on to retentions (thinking of leaving) to get credit for services not rendered, technicians don't deal with refunds.

I wonder what the state of play is?

has Yodel not delivered on time?

Is the new exchange server too big to get in the door?

are they waiting for PayPal to OK the purchase?

Have they tried eBay or Amazon to source the parts?

Has it all gone wrong , mixing V6 with broadband on the same cable?

Will we ever get an explanation for the **bleep**-up?  

I hope they're not going to blame Brexit or the European elections for the delays.

0 Kudos
Joe92
Fibre optic
Message 55 of 85
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6

"Has it all gone wrong , mixing V6 with broadband on the same cable?"

It's certainly very concerning when a new V6 box is installed in an area that suffers from a significant peak-time utilisation issue, an issue that is growing. Now, that's two things that are being deliberately withheld from new (and existing) customers - specifically, when your weekly free time (due to work etc) centres around c6:30pm - 11:30pm. Is this another case of miss-selling? remember the miss-selling of private pensions in the 90's and what happened?

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 56 of 85
Flag for a moderator

@joe92  

Joe92 wrote:

@Buffer6

"Has it all gone wrong , mixing V6 with broadband on the same cable?"

It's certainly very concerning when a new V6 box is installed in an area that suffers from a significant peak-time utilisation issue, an issue that is growing. Now, that's two things that are being deliberately withheld from new (and existing) customers - specifically, when your weekly free time (due to work etc) centres around c6:30pm - 11:30pm. Is this another case of miss-selling? remember the miss-selling of private pensions in the 90's and what happened?

Well that sounds sensible if you take up nearly all the download  bandwidth with TV then there's not much left for Broadband, it's also a  good explanation for pings and upload speeds being much less affected.

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 57 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Before this most of the time my connection was great, 200+ most of the day and peak time over 150, obviously theres been a few problems throughout my time with virgin but overall its been great.

I was thinking that if it got fixed were i wasn't getting around 5mbit 24/7 how would peak time be? i don't think i would go back to having 150+ peak time.

Now that the new date seem's to be June my time with virgin is up, BT is getting installed on the 26th, maybe in 12 month's ill be back, gonna miss downloading my 50gb+ games fast

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 58 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Thankfully upload speed is OK

Check your router status.  I wonder if it's any different to mine?

Shub3 Router status 11/05/17
0 Kudos
devst8ndscodave
Tuning in
Message 59 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Down to 200 KILOBYTES PER SECOND on a 150mb/s connection. This is an absolute joke and it's been going on too long. 

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 60 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Well the second week in May has just gone by but still no fix, but on phoning 150, the message is 'we're still working hard to fix the problem' and check your status page to be kept informed, however the status page has no information.   So I've opted to be texted when the problem is fixed.

0 Kudos