Menu
Kicks88
Tuning in
Message 41 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 - Belfast / Lisburn - Slow Internet

Well my dad got a package installed into his house today, still in the Monkstown area and he's currently getting 20Mbs down.. What actually annoyed me was when the engineer was out installing his internet for him, he asked if he could do a speedtest for him on his laptop as he's an elderly man and isn't very tech savvy to which the tech guy replied saying he couldn't and didn't know how?

I'll be calling them up once again either today or tomorrow asking for either compensation for the lack of service or I will be like Pca15 and jumping ship as it's unacceptable now.
0 Kudos
redzombie
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Im also in the M'town area, my speeds dropped almost 2 wks ago, I was on the 70mb deal and getting speeds of about 5mb, when I phoned they told me it was traffic congestion at peak times and I was capped however I was getting those speed drops out of peak times too, a few days later I called back and they told me to change package to vivid gamer 200mb as it would fix my problem and no capping, load of crap!! still stuck with speeds between 3 and 5mb although upload speed is now 20mb which is what it should be for vivid gamer. My friend who loves less than 50 yards away is on the 100mb package and joined them 6mths ago is also getting crappy speeds of less than 5mb although he said it has always been like that from day one of installation but he rarely uses the internet and just assumed it was normal, not tech savvy either. My dad in law who is a 5 minute walk from me is on the 70mb package and is getting speeds hitting 40mb, these are all tested at peak times so I dont know what the hell is going on and VM refuse to tell me that I live in an over utilised area and their system cant cope so fob me off with several excuses, I asked for a reduction on my monthly fee which is 25% of broadband charge, I suggest you do the same, they are not holding up their end of the deal!

A-TNR
Joining in
Message 43 of 83
Flag for a moderator

This is now beyond ridiculous!

How are Virgin allowed to get away with providing such a deplorable level of service in terms of both broadband speed and customer service /support!

It is completely unacceptable that this problem remains unresolved after 4+ weeks. 

I wasted my time (again) calling one of your call centres last week and got speaking with the most pathetic excuse of a customer service agent ever! Really hope it was a recorded call!!

1. He denied all knowledge of a fault ever existing in the area even after I provided him with the following reference number: F005206356

2. He denied and accused me of lying when I stated that an engineer was out at my house last week. It was that very same engineer who was able to advise me that the network team are aware of the issues in my area and to call back for updates!

3. The guy was an "expert" in broadband. Uhhh....no he's not, he's reading from a troubleshooting script that only wasted my time. Aside from already complying on previous calls with your call centre staff it would have done absolutely nothing performing the steps he wanted. 

4. He is clearly clueless in anything I.T related. Implying again that I was lying when I said I only had a MacBook but later in the call stated that I was starting Windows. It's called Bootcamp (In my case) you idiot!! Or if you want - VMWare Fusion or Parallels or one of the many other solutions! 

5. His attitude was an absolute disgrace! Eventually he just disconnected the call. 

Apologies in advance for the rant! I simply cannot stand this level of customer service anymore! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for not replying on this thread with further updates.

I know this is getting frustrating and annoying to say the least.

I've taken a look into the fault ticket (F005206356) and the review date is 2nd June. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I will keep this thread open and will be in touch nearer this date.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 83
Flag for a moderator

So that fault ticket is for Area 26 speed problems?

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 46 of 83
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in Monkstown area 26. and after hours spent on line with the technical advisers and a home visit by an engineer. I was informed that the problem was known and it affected the whole area not just me, if it was, why did they put me through a lot of online investigating instead of of just explaining to me that they already knew about the problem and a fix was due for the second week of May, which I wasn't told about until after a home visit by an engineer.

There still is no information on the status page which still informs me that there is no known fault in the area.  I went through retention's and was credited £25 for the whole month.  I just hope that the second week in May doesn't go by without resolution. One twentieth of the download speed is not really good enough for the 100mbs Broadband package being paid for.

bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 83
Flag for a moderator

I was on 300mbit and getting 5mbit and after cancelling my services they phoned me and give me the month of May for free to see if the problem is fixed but i've phoned today and cancelled again.

Status page is useless and phone staff don't know anything, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

BT being installed on the 26th

0 Kudos
uphoria
Joining in
Message 48 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Yea I was told the start of may for my issue to be fixed. Same deal engineer I had visit me advised thats all the callouts they are receiving at the moment people with the same issue. The fact that in this thread its now been advised the start of June for it to be reviewed, and going by other threads where people have utilisation issues and the 'review date' just keeps getting pushed back with no resolution does not fill me with any hope the issue is going to be resolved soon.

Its a pity as Ive been with VM for years now and always felt the service was excellent and recommended to my friends/family. Having little to no downtime and always getting full speeds advertised, I feel Ive got no choice but to now move provider.
0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Got another call from Virgin trying to make me stay.

They couldn't find a fault in my area and the last fault was fixed in January lol

0 Kudos
redzombie
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 83
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer out last wednesday in monkstown after 3 weeks of asking Vm to send one!! after bombarding him with questions he admitted it was the hub at glengormley, they are adding carrickfergus etc so it can't cope with the oversubscription, finally someone who told me the truth, after those hours on the phone with call staff who would'nt know their arse from their elbow! He knew of others nearby with the same slow speeds, he got on the phone to his boss and put it on speaker so we could hear the guy on the other end who said problem would be fixed second week in May as they are awaiting parts, this date was also the date that the forum team told me 2wks ago, my problem is 4wks old now and I have received my latest bill with no discount on it which I was promised when I phoned. I have a £76 bill, which includes a 14.99 activation fee for the upgrade to vivid 200mb which they said I should upgrade to to fix my slow speeds hahahahah!! My fault ref was F005260111 and when I rang VM they told me the number was invalid because the problem was fixed. Not a happy customer

0 Kudos