Menu
Pca15
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 - Belfast / Lisburn - Slow Internet

In a few days the problem will be 2 weeks old, for me anyway, longer for others. Do we get compensation for this since the service has been completely useless? 

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 85
Flag for a moderator

So what do we do with this Fault Ticket? and why does the Service Status page tell us nothing? and why has it took week's for people to understand what the engineer's have been telling us?

0 Kudos
Kicks88
Tuning in
Message 33 of 85
Flag for a moderator

It will be since the end of last year for me since I first complained and it's steadily got worse. We should be entitled to some form of compensation as we are paying for something that we're clearly not receiving as it's pretty much unusable most of the time.
0 Kudos
Pca15
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 85
Flag for a moderator

you need to ring them and ask for loss of service compensation. i canceled my contract today so i wont bother but my father got his bill reduced by £12. you need to do this every month until it is fixed. 

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Samantha could you tell us what exactly is going on? or any kind of a time frame?

@Pca15 what package does your dad have? i'm paying 43 quid for 200mbit gamer package, if they offered me 12 quid i would be paying 31 quid for up to 5mbit lol, EE are offereing up to 76mbit for 32.50 with no traffic management, my engineer visit is 2moro and i really can't see myself staying with virgin after this week

0 Kudos
Pca15
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what package he has to be honest. the engineer will probably tell you about the main fault and when it will likely be fixed. I have heard June - July. make sure you ask him. I have taken the vodafone 76mbps with free line rental for £28. I dont watch much tv so i'll just get a freeview box. 

0 Kudos
Kicks88
Tuning in
Message 37 of 85
Flag for a moderator

@bobajob84 how long have you been on this gamer package for? Would love to know how I'm paying £10 more than you for the exact same connection?

I have spoken to them on the phone as well as chat for some lose of services but they claim because there is no fault in the line there is no need to send an engineer let alone give me some form of credit for lack of services.
0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 85
Flag for a moderator

All the prices have changed, the 300mbit line is now 47 quid, I had the 300mbit end of march then downgraded to the gamer package, so the prices changed in the last 3-4 weeks

0 Kudos
Pca15
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 85
Flag for a moderator

@kicks88 Samantha has already confirmed there is a fault in the network and given us a ticket number. This shows how useless the call centre people are. they just follow a script, reboot your router and tell you to wait. if your contract is nearly finished i suggest speaking to the "thinking of leaving us" people. they will either offer you a better deal or put you through to a level 2 technician.

0 Kudos
bobajob84
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Engineer out today, He explained the UBR is over utilized because they have added more areas around us (mullusk, brambles) so they need to upgrade the CMTS, They said they have been told it should be fixed by the 2nd week in May