Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 23 (370 Views)

Area 24 packet loss

Getting some bad packet loss (around 20%) in Area 24 since last night, speed is all fine but the packet loss is making gaming impossible.

Support not sending engineer until next sat so I was just wondering if anyone else in this area is seeing an issue ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 23 (330 Views)

Re: Area 24 packet loss

I'm having the exact same problem. Broadband provided always has been good but since last Friday / Saturday (8th / 9th) i have been experiencing high packet loss percentages. I'm also located within area 24. 

Here is a graph showing my current connection / the packet loss, that's a lot of red that really shouldn't be there... Guess there is something wrong with our area now? 

My Broadband Ping - Alex VIVID 350

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 23 (312 Views)

yep my graph looks exactly the same, only have lower latency because I switched back to my SH2.

Come on virgin clearly this is an area issue !!!

My Broadband Ping - Virgin

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 23 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]

Comparing points on your graph compared to mine at specific times, the % packet loss seems very similar. Some of the peaks look identical at the same times? 

Obviously only doing that by eye sight so could be wrong. 

Guess it was a problem Virgin end in our area, If you look at both our grans the packet loss seems to have disappeared, had a small spike then disappeared again....

Anyone from Virgin know what the actual cause was? 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 23 (272 Views)

Looking a lot better but there is still something going on, any comment from Virgin on this ?
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 23 (258 Views)

Nope, haven't heard anything from them, but the packet loss spikes on both our graphs are far to similar. Whatever the problem is, clear its something to do with the area. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 23 (246 Views)

I have been having the same issue as well since the weekend. I play planetside 2 and I am constantly getting low connectivity meaning my server latency and ping continually keeps dropping out. I am unable to continue playing this or another other online shooting fps game.

I have done the various speed checks and they seem fine, but as I stated above I am having this issue and not only with planetside 2. I have called the helpdesk in India, but they were much help.

I am also in Area 24 and as stated by other posters, issues started around the weekend,my graph if it helps

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 23 (244 Views)

Sorry forgot to add my graph

I hope we get a response from the VM team as it seems that something has happened since the weekend

Broadband graph.png

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 23 (167 Views)

[ Edited ]
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 23 (162 Views)

Updated graph, looks to be getting worse again, virgin please respond

My Broadband Ping - Virgin