Menu
derektrotter
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 24 - Luton - 0.5 mbit speeds in peak

Hi All

Been having major speed issues (0.5mbit to 1mbit) in peak times with direct wired connection to router, spoke countless times to tech support who told me there is a "utilisation fault" in the area, dates to resolve are very inaccurate and have been pushed back multiple times, I've had this fault for 12+ months.

Before I leave and go to another provider (I can get BT fibre) is there anything I can do? at the moment broadband is unusable when you actually need to use it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 24 - Luton - 0.5 mbit speeds in peak

I have had the same fault for 2 Years now so my advice is leave.

They even have the cheek to sell it to people in the area knowing they can't provide it.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there derektrotter,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to read about the slow speeds you're experiencing at the moment, I know just how irritating this can be.

I can see that we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F003910637 which is currently due for review on the 5th April. While this is on-going you might notice that your speeds are reduced during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, please accept my sincere apologise and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
derektrotter
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bestie wrote:

I have had the same fault for 2 Years now so my advice is leave.

They even have the cheek to sell it to people in the area knowing they can't provide it.

Thanks Bestie, I think I will leave, the dates have changed at least 6 times so I know April means nothing in terms of a resolution, its a shame as been with VM for years, I do find it shocking they signed me up to a years contract saying they are going to fix within a month, throughout the time of the contract the broadband has been unusable at the times you actually would want to use it.

Also the public status page shows that there are no faults, obviously they do not want it to be common knowledge.

0 Kudos