Menu
Sforza
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 24, Bad packet loss, terrible upload speed

Monday 7th NovemberMonday 7th November

As you can see from the above my pings are all over the place with pretty significant packet loss, this has been going on for the last 6 days or so. What this doesn't show is upload speed, which is so slow that Speedtest.net actually times out every time I try it (like so). I've tried everything I can think of, reset my hub multiple times and even factory reset it

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 24, Bad packet loss, terrible upload speed

If you go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screen shots if that is easier.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up to a week) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 24, Bad packet loss, terrible upload speed

Hi Sforza, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by ref F004501146 for slow speeds at peak times.

I have popped the details across to the team who deal with this type of fault and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. We should know more about this fault after 07/12/2016. 

The team will also keep you updated on the progression of the fault. 

Additionally your upstream power levels are too high and your modem SNR is too low. I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for you as it will not be helping your speeds. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos