Menu
eggraces
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Area 22, E11 - Awaiting a Fix

Hi - I had a engineer out over a week ago who diagnosed some issues with the cab box on our street affecting our line.  I've since heard nothing from VM and tech support says "we'll text you when it's complete".  Any chance I can get a status update and a date for expected fix?  We've got a very intermittent connection and no way to check when it'll be rectified.  Been over two weeks now.  The cab box is on the corner of Montague and Ferndale Roads in E11.

Thanks

0 Kudos
eggraces
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22, E11 - Awaiting a Fix

anyone?  I'm getting 4mb down tonight....

0 Kudos
eggraces
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

nobody????

0 Kudos
Gpm1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi egg I'm area 22 but romford. I'm on 100 mbs but since xmas I'm lucky to get 3 mbs between 3pm and midnight , maybe it's the same box 😂😂. Anyway good luck getting help but don't hold your breath 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@eggraces FYI The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread or are having a conversation between members then it will bump you to the bottom of their list. 

Unfortunately current response times are 7-10 days from the date of the last post on the thread.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

eggraces
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.  Didn't know!!

So a bit more tech detail.  I'm only locked to one channel, tech support chat says the cab issue has been resolved.

got green LED on my superhub 2ac and speeds anywhere between about 5mbps and 40mbps.  Here are the upstream, downstream and logs from a fresh reset:

downsteam.pngupstream.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi eggraces, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with intermittent connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that you're only locking onto one upstream channel and the power level for that channel is too high. 

An engineer will need to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take Care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
eggraces
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam, as I noted in my private message, I've already had an engineer around who said it was the cab box and scheduled a repair of it. Before we go into the process of me taking time off work to have someone come over again, can you confirm that the cab box repair was carried out and it's definitely something on my line that should have been repaired first time the engineer came around?

Thanks
0 Kudos