Menu
dangaskin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 speed atrocious

Hi,

The speed in area 21 has been an absolute joke for the past 2 months. Latency is regularly over 600ms in peak times. Tonight has hit tipping point where I can't even load a static text only web page. On running a constant ping, latency is well above 800 the majority of the time, and drop outs are frequent. When is this going to be sorted. Sick of it.

01-11-2016 20-53-22.png

0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 speed atrocious

It's bloody awful. I'm currently shopping around for another provider now. Can't take this anymore.

Virgin are greedy by taking on new customers when they can't even provide their current customers with decent broadband in the evenings because of over utilisation!!
0 Kudos
flashpoint51
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same here for last few days. Evening speeds atrocious - barely 1.5mb download on a 50 connection. Get 2.7 upload!! Seems to resolve around 10.30 - 11pm.... when everyone gives up trying to watch netflix and goes to bed i guess....

0 Kudos
flashpoint51
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

same here for last few weeks, 50mb connection yet i barely get 1.5 download in evenings..  but 2.7 upload!!! All seems to resolve between 10.30 and 11 when everyone gives up trying to watch netflix and goes to bed.....

0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mine drops to about 5mb down and 3mb up. Supposed to have 100mb connection. Streaming is terrible in the evenings. Been going on for far too long now.

Mine starts from about 7pm till midnight. I have no internet currently and am using my phones data allowance.
0 Kudos