Menu
aemrek
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 Terrible Peek Time Internet Service by VM. Fault (F004079900) is open since 2015 December

Here is the reference number of a fault (F004079900) which hasn't been resolved since Dec 2015 by Virgin Media in area 21. I live in Clapham South in Zone2.

My internet package is 200Mbps Fibre one. Here is my internet experience details below

200Mbps internet download speed goes to --->5Mbps during peek hours

11Mbps upload goes down to --->1Mbps during peek hours.

This fault was opened 2015 December I've been kept getting postponed information when ever I call the Call Center to check the status of this fault

So what is really going on, what takes it so long to resolve this issue there is no proper information given by any of the Virgin Team till I spoke today.

Also they are increasing their price even they do know there is an open fault in Area 21 almost during last 1,5 years of time. This Area 21 customers shouldn't effected by any price upgrades until this issue properly resolved. But they don't care they keep charging you with the full price unless you call them and spend your min 45 mins to get an 10£ discount on your package.

We don't want to get refunded £10 all the time this is not helping us at all, we want to have a proper service presented by Virgin as they promise in their internet packages. 

So my question is....

March 2016 promised fault fix postponed to June 2016

June 2016 promised fault fix postponed to August 2016

August 2016 promised fault fix postponed to Dec 2016

December 2016 promised fault fix postponed to 29th March 2017. This looks like endless loop to me!

So what is the MAIN problem? Why is it taking so much time to fix it? I want a proper explanation of my 1,5 year terrible service

More details about this on my Twitter Page      https://twitter.com/AliEmreKorkmaz/status/834370827801989120

Thanks

Emre

kgursu
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Terrible Peek Time Internet Service by VM. Fault (F004079900) is open since 2015 December

That packet loss is unbelievable !! It is a very nice idea to give the IP TV and internet from the same infrastructure but ONLY WHEN YOU CAN DELIVER IT !!!! Oversubscription is something acceptable but never within these limits reaching up to saturation of  everyone. The peek time is crazy , I know everyone is watching stupid TV shows but how about the poor gamers whose aim is nothing but to play games online ? It is so obvious that the packet loss is way over the limits and I am getting suspicious that TV broadcasters are pushing people to watch their shows instead of letting people playing games. Comisison???

aemrek
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Terrible Peek Time Internet Service by VM. Fault (F004079900) is open since 2015 December

They released a 200 Mbps Gamer package; like a joke.

The only main difference between normal 200Mbps and the Gaming 200Mbps package is Upload Speed! It's like a joke! Who cares about more upload speed when you do have fully saturated Backbone or oversubscribed Network.

Give Gamer's an "QoS" option for they UDP gaming traffic; this might be helpful on your congested Backbone until Virgin Team can go to the bottom of the problem in Area 21.

This will be my suggestion to Virgin Technical Team!

Hope some one might thought about this.

Emre

0 Kudos
aemrek
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please see my previous posts about this issue on my Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/AliEmreKorkmaz/status/834378264151990273
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Terrible Peek Time Internet Service by VM. Fault (F004079900) is open since 2015 Dece...

Hi aemrek, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look at fault ref F004079900 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 29/03/2017. 

These types of faults can take sometimes have a long lead time because 

they can involve anything from digging up streets, adding new street furniture, building new or extending Head-End Buildings

This has to be planned in advance - involving local Councils, Gas, Water, Electric, Highways Agency, local businesses to name but a few. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss the fault further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bopgun
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Terrible Peek Time Internet Service by VM. Fault (F004079900) is open since 2015 Dece...

I'd be interested as to what happened in relation to this because as far as I'm concerned everything that was replied was a lie. The issues in Area 21 as far as I know them have been going on for over 3 years. Any "potential" end date is a lie. Nobody at Virgin customer services knows what is going on as there is a complete disconnect with their technical team. You are constantly told 2 to 4 weeks for the issue to be fixed for me its been closer to 175 weeks. 175 WEEKS of Virgin lying to me!!!!! How bad are your engineers if they can get an estimate so wrong? This has to be approaching the realms of a class action law suit because the product is not fit for purpose. Un. Real.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bopgun,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies for the issues you are experiencing with the broadband connection.

I would like to look into this further, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and full address, I can look further into this.

In the meantime, with Area reference numbers these are just for billing use only and has no affect on your connection. Also high peak time traffic faults, will have review dates rather than fix dates as this can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos