Menu
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 SE9 speeds are terrible

Can't believe virgin haven't sorted the over utilisation problem in area 21 yet! It's been disgusting in the last year at peak times and just lately has been even worse with lots of outages (including now). When you ring they give you a silly discount and say the problem will be sorted at the end of the month, after month and the problem is still here.

Sort it out Virgin before you lose even more customers. I am currently shopping around.

The new Vodafone broadband deal is looking good for £28 per month. Anything must be better than the crap you are giving us a the moment!!

One seriously unhappy customer!!!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 SE9 speeds are terrible

Hi simacca, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are affected by a fault currently. 

We understand it's frustrating when work is needed in your area but rest assured we are working hard to get things resolved for you. 

The reference for the fault you are a part of is: F003918351 and the next review date is: 30th November. 

Hopefully we will have better news to offer then. In the meantime I can see you are receiving credit for the lower service and this has already been applied. 

Pop back here for an update Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi simacca, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are affected by a fault currently. 

We understand it's frustrating when work is needed in your area but rest assured we are working hard to get things resolved for you. 

The reference for the fault you are a part of is: F003918351 and the next review date is: 30th November. 

Hopefully we will have better news to offer then. In the meantime I can see you are receiving credit for the lower service and this has already been applied. 

Pop back here for an update Smiley Happy

Thanks,

'Next review date'? 

So basically it's going to be pushed back again!! My discount still isn't worth the money I'm paying for this crap service! 

0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So today is the 30th. What's the latest update as I know the problem hasn't been fixed yet!!? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi simacca,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area and our engineers are working on this with a review date of 29th March 2017.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused. I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same old rubbish then. Don't know how you can get away with treating us like this!
merryp
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Me to - have have terrible sub 1 meg on a 30 meg contract at peak times in SE9 - they say I will "Have to put up with it till 28 March"  -

Frankly no I wont as I'm off as soon as poss!!

0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled and went with Vodafone. Speed is now only 50mb, but its constant, even at peak times. Also my upload speeds are 3 times faster now.

Only wished I cancelled earlier.
0 Kudos
merryp
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hanksRe: Area 21 SE9 speeds are terrible

Thanks - thats good to know

0 Kudos
salva7ore
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Took out a contract with VM beginning of October 2016 and since day one the broadband connection has been and still is terrible!

I am supposed to be getting 50Mbps and instead I am getting barely 2Mbps - What a rip off!!

The funny thing is that when I check my VM online account to see if any major broadband issues are reported there the page tells me it's all fine! 

I have reported the problems and complained to VM numerous times but I have had enough now. 

I have reported the problem to Ofcom as misselling and I am thinking of taking legal action. 

This has been the worst experience I have had with a telecomms in 30 years.

I truly feel I have been conned.

0 Kudos