Menu
zaidhadi
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 NW London Peak Time Speed Issue

Can anyone please confirm whether there is an open fault covering area 21 NW London regarding peak time speed issues. This has been an issue for a long time now but the past month has been ridiculous where is struggle to achieve 2mb almost every night with some evening spent in the sub 1mb.

I have done all the required tests on multiple devices and actually have my main PC wired to the router so it is not a router issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 NW London Peak Time Speed Issue

Hey zaidhadi,

Thanks for joining the community, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your connection. I've just taken a look and I can see that we're currently working on an SNR fault in your area which can cause slow and intermittent connections. We're hoping to have this fault resolved on the 7th March, would you please post back to us on or after this date so we can check again.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zaidhadi
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

,Re: Area 21 NW London Peak Time Speed Issue

Hi Heather,

One month since the apparent fix and the speed issue is worse than ever. Peak time speeds are consistently sub 1mbps! This is ridiculous seeing as I am paying for 50mbps! I am not receiving the service I am paying for so I do not see why I should be paying!

Please advise how I can go about getting a refund for the lack of usable service and when I can expect to have a good quality service back??

Thanks,

Zaid

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: ,Re: Area 21 NW London Peak Time Speed Issue

Hi zaidhadi,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004227895 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 03/05/2017. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KKita
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am based on Area 21 and the broadband is not usable. The average Download speed for weekday evenings are around 2Mbs, and if I am lucky I can get 5Mbs (I am on 50Mbs contract). This is a real joke. I cannot even view a basic 2 minute clip from the BBC.

How does Virgin Media compensate for this poor service which affect us for over a few months? Simply, the service which is meant to be offered is not available at all. 

0 Kudos
BeeEmDee
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. Some compensation should be forthcoming as the service we are paying for is not being provided. I would now strongly advise anyone against using Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi KKita,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with your broadband connection,

When I checked your line, the downstream power levels are too low and the upstream is too high. As this can cause an impact to your broadband I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

BeeEmDee - I have replied to you on your own thread.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tommey
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As you have been given a high utilisation fault code you are entitled to compensation in the form of bill credits make sure you request this from a forum team member funny how they never mention this.

Also when you get a REVIEW date this is NOT a FIX date this is a date they give you to shut you up for a few months until they REVIEW it again and give you another REVIEW date.

High utilisation faults because Virgin Media over sold the broadband services in your are take YEARS not months to fix I have now waited 2 YEARS and 4 MONTHS and it's still no better and my current REVIEW is September 20th.

If you are in contract and have a long standing fault you are free to leave without penalty so if you want to switch providers do so unless you have loads of patience and don't mind waiting forever for an actual fix.

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

- First reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 -    - Review 01/05/15 - Review 12/08/15 - Review 14/10/15 - Review 04/11/15 - Review 15/04/16 - Review 06/07/16 - Review 31/09/16 - Review 30/11/16 - Review 15/02/17 - Review 12/07/17 - Review 20/09/17 - Review 14/06/17 - Review 10/01/18 - Review 25/04/18 - F004670584 << 3 YEARS+ 

But with BT Fibre I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos