Menu
GG76
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 speed is a joke

My internet speed is a joke. I should get up to 70mb wired and expect half at least on wifi. I live in area 20 Derby. The fluctuations of speed is unbelievable. One night i got 77mb on wifi and the next morning 0.12mb. At the weekends forget it... A new router was sent to me and no change after that. Now having an engineer visit tomorrow if they can fix this problem which has been going on for months. Not fair for paying the sum and not getting the service i should
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 speed is a joke

what do you get wired? You can;t test speed wireless as its effected by factors outside the ISP control
0 Kudos
GG76
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I use ookla speed test which is supported by virgin. My 4g is a lot quicker eventhough i can sit next to my router and only get 1mb on wifi. On xbox last night at 1 am but could not connect.it said only got 2.89mb with 65% packet loss
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Test with a wired connection not wireless
0 Kudos
crazy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

welcome to the derby area this has been ongoing for over a year my next fix date (lol) is april your lucky our internet past 6pm is useless!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Evening GG76,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running stable, which is good.

Has there been an improvement after the engineer visit? If you are still having issues, can you complete speed tests through a wired connection please and let us know the results.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos