Menu
cd360
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 - slow broadband speeds

40ms ping, 22Mbps down, 11Mbps up. Apparently on vivid200.

Not booking another day of for yet another engineer visit. Router rest. Hard wired.

Anyone else in the same boat?

0 Kudos
LiamKenny365
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 - slow broadband speeds

Yes, Thank God I'm not the only one.

Gone from >200MB/S to at best <10MB/S also area 20.

cd360
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been with VM for around 14 years now and I think this is the final straw for me. I've just about had enough.

Paying a premium for their best 'speeds' and all we get is:

• price hikes year after year after year
  • compulsory landline fees that cost as much as mobile phone contracts. Their broadband service doesn't even depend on it and the majority of people don't use landlines these days
  • absolute bobbins of a TV service that runs like a paraplegic dog and if you want their latest offering, well, you'll have to stump up another £50-£100 one-off cost
  • best offers only given to new customers. Good-will credits given to existing customers which still ends up more than new customers.

They should use the money they spend on Usain Bolt and pump it into their infrastructure setup instead.

Vent over - heading over to Uswitch now.

DoItWithV
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

in the same area, also made a post. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Over-Utilisation-Contention-Area-20/m-p/3287409#M140832.

I understand that at peak times the internet speed can drop a little, but most people aren't even getting a 10th of paid speed. Its rubbish that a company can offer such speeds and not provide even %50 of the speed all times. 

Look into CISAS and Ombudsman Services.

razortime
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same situation here and its been like this for over a year at peak times. However the last few days have seen download speeds in the 30s at off peaks times so now I get 3-8mb on peak and 30 odd off peak when i am on a 200mb connection. Its pretty much the last straw for me and I have been with cable for near on 20 years.
jmb007uk
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

not the only one peeps i have the vivid 200 gamer and my upload speeds are twice as fast as my download this is not funny any more its been going on for more than 12 months now i have already pretty much got rid of my tv because i was paying for a sub standard service if things dont pick up soon i will be cancelling the whole lot

0 Kudos
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 is a joke, I'm only getting 2-4mg in evenings, no point ringing just do a reset and say no problems. Had an engineer out the other month but no change. I'm amazed they can get away with this. I'm counting down the days before my 12 months are up, then I'm off to voda. Total joke virgin.

0 Kudos
vmisafjoke
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

t ust Re: Area 20 - slow broadband speeds

not just you.

area 31 also.

a few things:

all got worse nationwide after big summer sales push door to door hard selling - then they do not have the capacity to deliver what they charge you for.

am speaking to vm on increasingly senior levels regarding this. first thing to note, you are entitled to c. 12.50 pm rebate if you are paying for 200mb package, which they will refund and backdate to when started occuring, 3-4 months usual. the route as ever is start with retention's and follow up in writing.

i was promised haha that area 31 would have capacity increase by 30 nov 2016 and there was a fault ref for it. this came and went.

usual bs. its not the refund any more, its the fact that its getting worse, nationwide. 10mb from 4pm - 1am is not acceptable.

this is the start of a war friends, make a fuss, get your refunds get them to increase capacity and or leave. good luck godspeed

0 Kudos