Menu
shaunmp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 problems?

Please could someone tell me if there's an issue? Online says "no known issues". Phone support says nothing, twitter says no issues. I can't even get a speed test going now. It fails on the latency test.
0 Kudos
shiftymorgan
Joining in
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 problems?

I agree, I am in the 20 area too and am looking at 1mb if I am lucky.

Did you go through all the tests on the phone?
0 Kudos
shaunmp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

All the usual. Yeah. Still no joy. Comes right for a few minutes and then gone again. Getting bored of this now.
0 Kudos
shiftymorgan
Joining in
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I was on the phone with them about 10am and they couldn't figure it out.
It all hit a roadblock for me though when it turned out I didn't have a pc or laptop to "run further tests" with.
So they said they could not do anything.

The fact is I *hope* the rest of the area are phoning in and making themselves know because I am stuck trying to prove to them something is wrong.
0 Kudos
bradders27
Tuning in
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 20 and my Vodafone 4g is faster than my 200meg broadband

amdennis
Tuning in
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 20 and having massive problems. We can't even stream Spotify without it stopping to buffer.

We had Virgin installed last Saturday after leaving Sky and their 38mb "stable" broadband but now forking out for 200mb Gamer broadband with Virgin and currently pulling 1.6mb download...... I'm still within my 14 days to tell them to stick it if they don't sort it out soon! My 4G phone is pulling 51mb!!

Services say there's no issues too.

Unhappy is an understatement.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

If any of you have confirmed Utilization then look below.

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

( Guide taken from Bartman007 so credit goes to him )

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

amdennis wrote:

We had Virgin installed last Saturday after leaving Sky and their 38mb "stable" broadband but now forking out for 200mb Gamer broadband with Virgin and currently pulling 1.6mb download...... I'm still within my 14 days to tell them to stick it if they don't sort it out soon! My 4G phone is pulling 51mb!!

Services say there's no issues too.

Don't waste any time. You need to find out if this is a utilisation fault. If it is, then you could be waiting over two years for VM to "fix" it. Even then there's no guarantee that it will stay "fixed".

It may take up to a week to get a response from VM on this forum, so ring them on 150 (free) and navigate to the "you're thinking of leaving us" option to speak to someone in the UK. They should be able to give you a fault reference number and may tell you that it will be "fixed" on a certain date, but a "fix" date is actually a "review" date and the chances are that nothing will change in terms of your speed after that time — unless you're very lucky. 

If they can't fix it quickly, then the best advice I can give you is to leave ASAP because if you decide to stay you could be in for a very long and frustrating journey through VM customer services hell where you're left to put all the pieces of contradictory information together yourself. 

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
hannesd
Joining in
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

in area 20 and currently very slow internet 3mb

0 Kudos
hannesd
Joining in
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator