Menu
Cubanjoe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 lack of bandwidth. Oversubscribed

For almost three years, I have put up with low broadband speed. I like many others have been lied to regards fix dates for the over unitlisation issues in area 20. I was under the impression that this issue was finally going to be fixed January 25th 2017. I have now received a mail saying that this date has been pushed out till July 2017. I have also been told that it is very unlikely that it will be fixed then. I currently pay for 200 mb, and am only getting on average around 20mb. This is absolutely shocking, it's about time VM manned up and told us the truth. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 lack of bandwidth. Oversubscribed

Hi there Cubanjoe,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

In regards to high peak time traffic fault, they will have review dates as they are subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

I know this is frustrating to say the least considering the length of time and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cubanjoe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

I can't accept your apology, This has now been ongoing for over two years. Your company is making the problem worse by adding new users in my area. They must be bitterly disappointed when they realise that they are not getting what they expected. Up until Before Christmas 2016 I was getting speeds of around 125 mbs at peek times. This was less than I should have been, but I accepted that you were going to fix the problem on January 25th. This hasn't happened, I am now told that it will be June, and likely to be much later than that. I am now only getting speeds of around 20 mbs at peek time. So what has happened since Christmas to reduce my speed down such a vast amount? I don't believe this to be over utilisation 

0 Kudos
Cubanjoe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This issue is getting beyond a joke. I am trying to watch a BBC program on catch up TV (all part of my package). The program is constantly freezing and locking up. It has to be something to do with my internet connection as this all comes down the same wire. I am sick an tired of chasing VM to get this sorted. I have been promised on 4 occasions that someone would call me back to discuss my problem this has not yet happened. If it is not sorted within the next 5 days I will be leaving you and going to sky. This is an absolute disgrace. Please pass this message onto to someone that gives a damn, if VM actually employ anyone like that.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Evening Cubanjoe,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F004113825) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 21st June.

Please feel free to post back here for further updates and we can check this for you. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cubanjoe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well it's the 21st June. Is there any sign of this being fixed today?
0 Kudos
PKS66
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 myself and down to 0.55mb speed today and fed up with lie after lie too, it's always being fixed tomorrow!

0 Kudos
mustang80
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 is a HUGE area, and doesn't narrow anything down. I'm in the same boat.... well over a year now and my speeds this evening are WAY down... 1-3mbs. Pathetic. They don't care.

0 Kudos
Cubanjoe
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'll be sacking them tomorrow.
mustang80
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Honestly dopn't blame you!!! Just do yourself a favour first though.... use a broadband speed checker to make sure you're not going to be worse off. I know that doesn't feel possible... but BT puts me at 4-8meg, estimated!! While that's faster than I'm getting now at times... I'm not about to pay £45pm for that!

0 Kudos