Menu
Lawzo100
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 horrendously low speed

Live in area 20 and have been upgraded to 150mbs but on speed tests I'm lucky to get 2-3 megabites a second. Soeed has only dropped in the past few days? Does anyone know any reason for this?
0 Kudos
kraken17
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 horrendously low speed

According to the tech guys - the area 20 is over utilised - and will be resolved by 18th Jan - blah blah blah. Phone up and get reduction in bill - only way to make vm sort it out - hit them where the bank is.
0 Kudos
susiecallaw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I called Virgin today to complain about this. The customer rep said that it was due to high utilisation in this area. They've had a ticket open for this issue in this area since February last year. The only recourse is to call them and they will credit you 12 pounds. Expected resolution date was 25th January. Poor service, we are looking at cancelling.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lawzo100,

I've just been running a few follow up checks on your connection and for the most part all looks to be in good shape, with peak time contention fairly minimal.

How have things been looking over the past few days, have speeds picked back up?

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos