Menu
robbiekhan
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

[Area #20] Why is my max latency higher on Hub3 than it was on Hub2?

5d935301a2d8dcf521bee4de7c7caf03-10-12-2016

This is my current quality graph since installing the Hub 3 a few days ago. I have been on the Hub 2 for the past 2 years or so on the 200Mb package and upgraded last week to the 200 Gamer package for the increased upload bandwidth.

On the Hub 2 the maximum latency used to peak at around 40-60 during off-peak hours, and 60-80 during peak hours. I notice that my daytime download speeds are also not as fast as they were now. Speedtest.net shows 80Mbit down and 20Mbit up (14ms latency), and newsgroup downloads at this time of day around 6.3MB/s when I was getting higher before.

So what's changed? Is the modem on the Hub 3 just not as good, or is area code 20 still under over-utilisation, even though when I logged in the other day the account area told me my area was all upgraded...

My line stats are as follows:

DownstreamDownstreamError logError logUpstreamUpstream

0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: [Area #20] Why is my max latency higher on Hub3 than it was on Hub2?

See here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-amp-CGNV4-Latency...

Virgin Media need to fix this with a new firmware update, EVERY hub3 has this issue at the moment.

robbiekhan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link, so basically we've been given a worse modem, for more money a month :/

I hope the firmware fix comes soon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The graph also would point towards some peak time issues still as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello robbiekhan

Really sorry about the latency problems, as Shafreya cleverly worked out you do have some area peak traffic problems as well. I can see you have subsequently called in. We would like to carry out some upgrade work, the reference is F003603775 with a current review date of 11 JAN 2017. Please accept our apologies.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
boltedenergy
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

FYI, please post your puma6 stats here... http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/SH3-latency-issues-latest-firmware-Post-here-your...

--I'm just another virgin user like you. Please mark my answer as helpful, if it helped Smiley Happy
0 Kudos