Menu
Bonecrack
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 Slow speeds since Feb 2015

Slow speeds in the BR2 area since Feb 2015. Virgin don't have any record of this problem but there are loads of posts on the forums. I have been advised that if enough people complain at the same time then the fault will be at least recognised centrally.

At peek time with 50mb down to 600kb, moved up to 100 down to 7-8mb, moved up to 150 now a very unstable 36mb at peek times.
Virgin complaints team say there is no record of this utilisation issue through normal channels.

There seems to be loads of people having the same isue, how many others are having this problem?

If enough of us complain at the same time they might acknowledge and attempt to fix.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 2 of 71
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Area 20 Slow speeds since Feb 2015

Whoever is telling you there is no record of this issue in area 20 is lying.

The ticket ref for the contention issue at peak times in area 20 is F004028037,  with a current review date of 23/03/16.

Contact them again with this information and request a rolling credit until the issue is resolved. 

If you have no luck then ask to be put in touch with retentions and give them the same ticket number.  They will sort the credit for you.

Also be aware that as VM are not fulfilling their part of the service for which you are paying then you can legally leave the contract with no penalty.

Message 30 of 71
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bonecrack,

I'm sorry for the issues you're currently suffering.

I've checked on F004252742 for you and it appears the initial review date has been set for 06/07/2016.  We'll hopefully know more before that date as work gets scheduled, but that's what it's been set to for the time being.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 2 of 71
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whoever is telling you there is no record of this issue in area 20 is lying.

The ticket ref for the contention issue at peak times in area 20 is F004028037,  with a current review date of 23/03/16.

Contact them again with this information and request a rolling credit until the issue is resolved. 

If you have no luck then ask to be put in touch with retentions and give them the same ticket number.  They will sort the credit for you.

Also be aware that as VM are not fulfilling their part of the service for which you are paying then you can legally leave the contract with no penalty.

Bonecrack
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have agreed to pay for a backup 12 month talktalk broadband connection for when the peek time service makes the internet unusable. This was agreed through the CEO complaints email and postal address.

I have not been given a date for the fault to be fixed.

Have you contacted the CEO office to complained.

0 Kudos
MikeH71
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm that looked to be useful, but the moderator edited it before I read it. What did I miss?

0 Kudos
Bonecrack
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Just the CEO email address
0 Kudos
MikeH71
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Shame there isn't an unhelpful button huh? Thanks for the post though, I'll check it out.

0 Kudos
Bonecrack
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 71
Flag for a moderator

My father in law in cr6 is in area 20 as well and has the same issues.

Has anyone been given a reason for the source of this issue.

0 Kudos
MikeH71
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Yes, click my name and check out my recent profile / posts. I have a couple of threads that I give information by way of moaning and a fresh productive post on the VM excuse that it is a planning permission thing stopping them upgrading. I would welcome replies on the latter with any links in your part of area 20 for planning permission with the local council.

0 Kudos
Bonecrack
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 71
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to do a freedom of information request now to Bromley council to see if Virgin have any works to be given permission.

Dear Bromley Borough Council,

Does Virgin Media have any pending planning permission requests to fix or repair their network under any public rights of way or byways at this point in time in the Bromley borough.

Would it possible to have copies of these planning permission requests if they have been made.

Yours faithfully,...

Currently waiting for a response from Bromley Borough Council, they must respond promptly and normally no later than 21 March 2016

I will let you know if I get a responce

Bonecrack
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Try searching under Liberty Global as this is who own Virgin Media

0 Kudos