Menu
faceplant
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 - Over Utilisation

Paying for 200Mbps, in 18 months since buying the house it has never been above 94Mbps.

Will anything ever get done in this area?

Failing a solution, VM Staff can you please arrange a support call as for £50 a month i can get 200Mbps or £80 a month 300Mbps on a business deal.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 - Over Utilisation

'upto 200mb' few get the actual speeds. i reached 198 when i did a test over xmas but that was at 4 in the morning. during the day never more than 100.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Faceplant,

Sorry to hear you're not getting full speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention all look healthy. If your speeds are maxing out at around 90mb that's typically an issue with hardware limitations. I would suggest checking if your network adapter is gigabit and if your ethernet cable is cat5e or above.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
faceplant
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fixed....
224 Down
14 Up

Had a new modem (Hub3) this morning. For reference area 20 is +2℅ on utilisation, action is taken at 10℅.

Looking forward to VoIP (coming soon) hopefully the costs drop as the amount of power on the cables drops.
0 Kudos