Menu
kraken17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 Cable Problem?

I have just rung the helpdesk to be advised that my internet is slow due to a network cable issue. This would effect my wired and wireless connection.

Can someone please tell me the fault reference for this. I have been told it should be resolved by the 18th January - Can someone tell me if there is compensation for the broadband speed being 9MPS instead of 200MPS?

SouthGrid_87
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 Cable Problem?

Is it just slow in the evening peak hours? 6PM - 11PM?

If so then there's no fault, just network overload/utilisation issues. It won't get fixed by the date it was mentioned, the review date will be pushed back by 3 months every time. Some areas have been having problem for years

You may actually be a cable fault which it will most likely be fixed on the date. To know just compare the speed peak vs. off peak.

mojouk1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in area 20 and every evening my speeds drop to around 5mbps. I was told yesterday its due to heavy traffic during peek times (over utilization). I was told the last few times i called the help line that this problem is a known issue and they have been working on the line since April 2016 and would be completed by December 21st 2016 so obviously they have not fixed the problem. I am taking steps to get compensation (more than the pitiful amount VM offer) and will be changing my provider as soon as possible. VM are taking us for a ride.
kraken17
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed to 3Mps tonight. Ouch - VM Managers want to comment on this problem or does ofcom need to be notified?

crypticc
Superfast
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ofcom rule is only for Virgin to respond to and help find you the right to cancel.
They're castrated and have no remit or power to enforce or make Virgin do anything and dare I say it they also won't fine Virgin.
In theory they can crack down on advertising but I'd love to know where these sanknows tests are the keep Virgin at the top of the leader boards. From the account of issues they must be prioritising traffic as there's no way that the norm is what is being reported.
----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

jamesredfern
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I think we get more info about Area 51 - aliens included
urmstonrichard
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 20 and have been told the same information by VM and to phone up each month to request a credit - currently they are crediting my account £12 a month for this issue.

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Nothing will happen and credit being apllied seems to be the norm. Email the CEO and you'll recieve a call back from one of his representatives.
0 Kudos
kraken17
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yup - email sent last night to tom mockridge . No response as of yet - but a £12 refund, and the fact you have to keep phoning them is not acceptable. There has to be a way to make vm understand we as customers are not happy.

blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

From 5pm onwards I've started playing a game as to how quickly the speed will drop to below 5mbps. The only way to stop me smashing the router
0 Kudos