Menu
Jonny-M
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area 15 - Congestion check please

Hi,

Can somebody check on area 15 please for peak-time congestion issues? Several posts around the forum seem to indicate it's an issue and has been ongoing for a while.

On a 50Mb service and receiving around 4. A fault code, an idea of what upgrade work is going to be carried out to resolve the issue, and an ETA for this to be completed would be great, thanks.

0 Kudos
Kizza-1974
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 15 - Congestion check please

Good luck mate, check through the threads on this part of the forum and you will see people who have had these faults since 2015.... Mine drops from 200 to about 7mb and it's totally unstable, so I cant actually game in the evenings when I want to. Takes the utter ****** seeing as I am on Vivid Gamer 200.....

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Jonny-M
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'll happily take a fault code and a fix ETA and when it isn't resolved by that date I will be pushing to be released from my contract early, I'm not too fussed about actually getting it fixed, I just don't want to pay for something that is broken.

0 Kudos
Kizza-1974
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Totally understand that, I posted last week and havent had a reply from the VM team at all.

DRS1226
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here, I'm also in Area 15. Speeds are unacceptably slow every evening and it's getting worse. Totally unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Jonny-M
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Seems like a mod has seen this to edit the language in a post, can I assume this request has now been flagged with the VM team?

0 Kudos
Jonny-M
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

One of the complaints team has happily committed to writing that there is no congestion in area 15, so the next step is to raise this as a fault and see how I get on.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area 15 is just a commercial billing area, nothing more. Utilization faults are A LOT more local to you, within your street/couple of streets.

As a basic check you can post your power levels, see if anything is obvious with them.

Go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser, don't log in however, instead go to the top right of the screen and click the 'router status' button. In the next menu, go to the 'downstream' 'upstream' and 'network log' sections and copy and the paste information from there to here. Don't worry about the formatting we can read it just fine, and if you get a HTML error just hit post again.

As to an official VM reply from the forum team (addressed to all you here) it takes the forum team between 1-2 weeks from your last post in your own respective threads for a reply. If you bump the thread yourself you go to the back of the queue for a reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Jonny-M
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Right, I think I understand that now. What is a more useful area designation to use when talking about congestion/speed issues? First half of postcode?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its better but still too big. At least its not covering multiple cities now Smiley Wink
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos